The Student Room Group

Am I cheating on my best friend??

Okayyy so I know how weird this sounds but I feel like I'm cheating on my best friend. Like not romantically (we're not a couple or anything!!) but just friendship cheating...I don't know.

She is my best friend in the whole world and she knows everything about me etc She has been my best friend for like a year and a half and i've known her for two yrs. We talk on the phone every night and at school i'm always with her.

I have a lot of other friends too though and there is another girl who I'm probably like second closest too after my bff and I've known her for a long time, like 6 years and we have been good friends the whole time. In the last couole of years we have also got very close and like with her it is never awkward and I know that I can tell her anything and she doesn't judge..like if I'm alone in public or on the bus I'll phone her so I don't look like a loner etc.

And my friend (not my bff, my long term friend) just called me her best friend and I said it back (we're texting) and then I sent her a paragraph about how i can tell her anything etc... But now I don't know why but I feel guilty over saying this and I feel like I'm betraying my best friend but at the same time I feel like by calling my best friend my bff all the time I am undermining my friendship with my other friend who I love so much.

Why do I have all this guilt? I love them both so much. Everyone knows me and my bff are best friends and its like two for the price of one kind of thing and our friendship is really deep and we have been through a lot of stuff and bad things have happened and we have managed to keep each other sane but with my other friend I feel so guilty because I feel like I under appreciate her and she doesn't understand how much I vaulue her or her friendship and how lost I would be without her. I tell her I love her all the time but I still feel bad.

Am I just a crazy person? Why do I feel so guilty?
How old are you?
Reply 2
You can have more than one best friend, there's no exclusivity contract here :cute:
This should be in Eastenders

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending