Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are there any? I currently have 3.One of them is my ex and we were together for like 2 months and then I broke up with him because I couldn't handle "relationships" and we decided to stay friends and kept seeing each other for sex basically and I did make it clear it was very much a non relationship thing. He still does things like text me goodnight and morning and give me advice and make me food when I come over so I do feel this is like a relationship without commitment. I don't think he is sleeping with other people but he knows I am so he probably will soon. Anyway I was talking to my friend and she was like he clearly still likes you but you are leading him on but I have made me it VERY clear that I'm just not ready for relationships and I am seeing other people so surely he can't stay liking me for long right? Anyway I just wanted to know if there are any consequences to what I'm doing since I have made everything clear as to not lead him on etc and I do think he'll stop liking liking me when he starts seeing other girls.

ReputationRep:
    If hes still that into you, have a real chat making your expectations and loyalties clear. It seems you still wish to maintain a friendship and thats a bit more difficult given the circumstances but im sure he'll understand. Maybe you can even try hook him up with some of your friends to make it platonic.

ReputationRep:
    Considering he's been made fully aware that you're not in any form of commitment with him, then I don't see how this could really come back to bite you. Though obviously cut it out if you do find someone that you do want a relationship with :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Girl giving out that neck!

bump

(Original post by Anonymous)
    bump
    Well if you like it then you like it?

Pregnancy.

ReputationRep:
    Benefit fraud, social stigma, poor health
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The real problem with a friends with benefits is usually someone always gets feelings then it starts to get messy.

ReputationRep:
    You can make it as clear as you like, if the dude is still getting at you, in the back of his mind he's prolly gonna want to lock down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Are there any? I currently have 3.One of them is my ex and we were together for like 2 months and then I broke up with him because I couldn't handle "relationships" and we decided to stay friends and kept seeing each other for sex basically and I did make it clear it was very much a non relationship thing. He still does things like text me goodnight and morning and give me advice and make me food when I come over so I do feel this is like a relationship without commitment. I don't think he is sleeping with other people but he knows I am so he probably will soon. Anyway I was talking to my friend and she was like he clearly still likes you but you are leading him on but I have made me it VERY clear that I'm just not ready for relationships and I am seeing other people so surely he can't stay liking me for long right? Anyway I just wanted to know if there are any consequences to what I'm doing since I have made everything clear as to not lead him on etc and I do think he'll stop liking liking me when he starts seeing other girls.
    Nah you are leading him on
    With FWb there's always a risk of someone gettin emotions.
    If they do you'll just ave to be honest with them and cut them loose before it becomes worse
    But that is normally avoidable if you both mutually decide on this
    Thats why I don't do FWB anymore it's such a joke no offense but it's like childish games
    FWb is pretending they're being mature since they're having sex and nothing else
    but they just dont wanna feel the dirt of having an ONS/one nighter but actually its really immature.
    Just have a friggin ONS or a get in relationship or leave eeach other alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    The real problem with a friends with benefits is usually someone always gets feelings then it starts to get messy.
    yea

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.