Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm currently taking A level Maths. I've not been working hard and not been attending lessons, now I'm in a huge predicament. I received a call today and was told that due to all my absences in my applied module classes (S1) I have to take a test tomorrow during period 5 & 6. Unfortunately, I've only learned chapter 1 and 2. Now somehow, I have to learn the remaining 7 chapters. They said failure to get a C or above, will result in me being kicked off the course. I'd like to pull this off because, I really enjoy maths and find it the easiest of my subjects. However, I don't know how to pull this off or going about studying these topics in such a way that I can understand it all by 13:30 tomorrow. Please help me all! How should I go about doing this???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelpMylifePlzz)
    Well, I'm currently taking A level Maths. I've not been working hard and not been attending lessons, now I'm in a huge predicament. I received a call today and was told that due to all my absences in my applied module classes (S1) I have to take a test tomorrow during period 5 & 6. Unfortunately, I've only learned chapter 1 and 2. Now somehow, I have to learn the remaining 7 chapters. They said failure to get a C or above, will result in me being kicked off the course. I'd like to pull this off because, I really enjoy maths and find it the easiest of my subjects. However, I don't know how to pull this off or going about studying these topics in such a way that I can understand it all by 13:30 tomorrow. Please help me all! How should I go about doing this???
    Watch examsolutions.net, it's doable if you put in the work.

ReputationRep:
    If push comes to shove and you completely have no faith in yourself you should contact the school to ask for a extension or the school board given circumstances. Schools, governments everything follows cause and effect. Given the right reasons or excuses you could get yourself more time. Say that you've been coping with huge amounts of stress and that you know thats its not within your ability to complete it within that time.

ReputationRep:
    S1's probably the best-case scenario for this. Use the site Zacken referenced, it's very good for working through a topic. But I don't think you'll be getting any sleep tonight good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Watch examsolutions.net, it's doable if you put in the work.
    Yeah, I've always used that. Do you think I'll be able to finish all the mixed exercises aswell by then?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've always used that. Do you think I'll be able to finish all the mixed exercises aswell by then?
    No. Learn the content first, if you have the time, then start excercises. Go through the first few questions of each excersises, the ones where you find them easy, skip to the end and do just the hard ones at the end. The ones that you find harder, try and complete as many of them as you can. But learn the content first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    S1's probably the best-case scenario for this. Use the site Zacken referenced, it's very good for working through a topic. But I don't think you'll be getting any sleep tonight good luck!
    Should I solve the mixed exercise questions or do you think past paper questions will suffice????
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    It is possible but you're going to have to work extremely hard all night.

I can't believe that a school would remove a student from the course in April. Any issues should have been sorted long before now.

Anyway, you need to get off TSR and start learning S1 now!

ReputationRep:
    Alright, thanks all, wish me luck!

Someone was kicked off the course last week, he started crying on his way out the class.

ReputationRep:

Someone was kicked off the course last week, he started crying on his way out the class.
    surely they would have already entered you for the real exam by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asharma10)
    surely they would have already entered you for the real exam by now
    They said everyone was entered in feb but they can still pull people off if need be

ReputationRep:

or maybe remembering the mark schemes is the best thing to do with little time
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Do what people are saying above and GET OFF HERE AND START WORKING!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.