The Student Room Group

Studying physics, which uni should I choose?

I'm currently holding offers from Exeter, King's, Bath and Surrey.

After I visited all those three unis, I have narrowed down into Exeter and King's as my firm.

I really liked the department from Exeter and the campus, but I don't want to miss King's as well considering its reputation and well known lecturers from Oxbridge etc.

I'm planning to pursue my study up to PhD.

Can you give me some advice?
Original post by jk2212
I'm currently holding offers from Exeter, King's, Bath and Surrey.

After I visited all those three unis, I have narrowed down into Exeter and King's as my firm.

I really liked the department from Exeter and the campus, but I don't want to miss King's as well considering its reputation and well known lecturers from Oxbridge etc.

I'm planning to pursue my study up to PhD.

Can you give me some advice?

You should look up SimonoxPhys I believe his youtube name is! He did his undergrad at Oxford and is now doing his PhD at Exeter! That might help you :smile:
I would go with Exeter though :smile:
I'd go to Bath. It's the nicest city of those 4.
isn't peter higgs an alumnus of Kings? on that merit alone i'd place kings above your other choices :P (not a serious response just to counter the x youtuber went to my uni so choose it! argument). In all seriousness though there's nothing between them, i'd personally choose kings or Bath though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Oilfreak1
isn't peter higgs an alumnus of Kings? on that merit alone i'd place kings above your other choices :P (not a serious response just to counter the x youtuber went to my uni so choose it! argument). In all seriousness though there's nothing between them, i'd personally choose kings or Bath though.

I wasn't stating go because he went haha! I meant watch his videos to get an insight into Exeter! aha
Original post by acontium
I wasn't stating go because he went haha! I meant watch his videos to get an insight into Exeter! aha

fair enough, I jumped the ship there :smile:
Original post by Oilfreak1
fair enough, I jumped the ship there :smile:

Don't worry! I should have explained better I think!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending