Summer 2003 As & A-Level Results Discussion Watch

This discussion is closed.
Koloth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Now that you have posted your results in the 'Your AS & A Level Results' thread feel free to discuss it.

To make this discussion as interesting as possible, here are some suggestions on what your postings could include:
  • What made you pleased with your results? Why?
  • What made you disappointed with your results? Why?
  • Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again?
  • Are you gonna appeal for a re-mark?
  • Remember, if needed, you can quote parts of your previous posting in the results thread to make it easier for people to understand what your talking about.
  • Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to?
  • What time did you find out your results?
  • How did your friends fair at your school/college?
  • Did you feel nervous?
  • How do you feel now after knowing?

This thread will be opened by a moderator on results day.
Vin
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Why I'm pleased:
I worked hard to recover from my bitterly disappointing results from AS and I was duly rewarded.

Why I'm disappointed:
Not with the results. But with myself. Had I worked as hard in Year 12 as I did in Year 13, I would've stood a chance of applying to Oxbridge instead of wasting time re-learning, revising and re-doing AS modules where I could've breezed through if I had been consistent with work. Also, the whole year of work this year has deprived me from a lot of social events and parties that I could've gone to, which was a little disappointing. But it was definitely worth all my efforts in order to redeem myself from my AS disaster.

Anything I would have done differently in the past year:
Not in the past year, no, but of the year when I was in Year 12 like I mentioned above.

Am I going to appeal for a re-mark:
Nope.

Did I look at the results first or my parents:
I did, though my parents phoned me up just minutes after I first looked at the results slip.

How did my friends fare:
Some of my friends got fantastically outstanding results, mostly those who are Oxbridge bound. To name one, he got 5 As at A-level and got a distinction in AEA math. Some of my other friends weren't so happy with their results; they had a mixture of results with some of them narrowly missing out on their offer requirements by a grade or two.

Did I feel nervous:
Oh absolutely! I was literally hyperventilating big-time before being called in (we all had to line up outside a room), to get our results.

How do I feel now:
Like I mentioned in another thread: completely euphoric! It's like I feel that all the burden, stress and worry have been taken off my shoulders for good (at least temporarily anyway). Also feeling very enthusiastic to start uni.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh poo!

love Katy ***
HuggyBear
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
oh poo!

love Katy ***
aww katy *hugz*
you got an A in math! wow! thats amazing! surely that will impress loadsa unis!
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tweetsy85)
What were your results?
Biology - ...........A!
Chemistry-.......................A!!
Math - ................................ ..............A!!! so unexpected!!
What grades were you expecting?
A chem, B bio and C maths!!

What were your grades last year for AS?
AAAA

What were your predicted grades by your school or college?
AAA

waheyyyy! I'm going to my first choice uni!!
What is your first choice uni?

Congratulations on the AAA, by the way!
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by HuggyBear)
aww katy *hugz*
you got an A in math! wow! thats amazing! surely that will impress loadsa unis!
Yes, A in Maths is amazing and ACC are still brilliant grades! Loads of unis will want you.
tweetsy85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks *does a little dance*
My first choice uni is UCL! can't believe it.. its now officially MY uni! isn't it weird? we're officially handed over from schools to the big leagues!
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tweetsy85)
Thanks *does a little dance*
My first choice uni is UCL! can't believe it.. its now officially MY uni! isn't it weird? we're officially handed over from schools to the big leagues!
Well done Ms UCL student, maybe when you're not studying or partying you'll come back on this site to tell the rest of us who are still at school how you're doing
Vin
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Whoa, with your grades, you should be going to Oxbridge!
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Vin)
Whoa, with your grades, you should be going to Oxbridge!
Imperial College is at least as good as Oxbridge and some would argue is better because it has a more modern outlook as far as business goes. Many people who are now in the city and earning loads of money went to London universities rather than Oxbridge.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*hands all the AS/A Levellers one of her magicly-tastilicious-homemade-brownies*
Well done to everyone, I see there are lots of good results coming through!

Katy/anyone else who's a bit dissapointed- don't despair! Even if you didn't get into Durham/your first choice there are still plenty of options open

Rahaydenuk- stunning results! How did you manage to do so many different subjects?
Icarus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Agreed, that personal statement is one important thing and a major aspect in deciding whether you get accepted - that's what my Oxbridge tutor said before I dropped out anyway.
Vin
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Imperial College is at least as good as Oxbridge and some would argue is better because it has a more modern outlook as far as business goes. Many people who are now in the city and earning loads of money went to London universities rather than Oxbridge.
Well duh! Still, Oxbridge is the most prestigious, in my opinion. I also know of many people "earning loads of money" went to Oxbridge as well as other universities which don't necessarily have to be in London.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Vin)
Well duh! Still, Oxbridge is the most prestigious, in my opinion. I also know of many people "earning loads of money" went to Oxbridge as well as other universities which don't necessarily have to be in London.
Oh I certainly agree, as far as more business subjects go, about ten universities are very similar to each other, with LSE probably being the best as it has excellant business links.
mrmarsupial
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Overall I was pleased.

Very suprised by physics
Very pleased with computing but expecting it
Dissapointed with maths but expecting it
slightly disapointed with chem, espec chains and rings

UMIST requirements are BBB one B MUST be for maths dunno think they will give me a conditional offer when I apply in nov?

I am going to resit all exams I didnt get a B in and maybe one exam I did get a B in for chem.

I am requesting my paper for chem chains and rings.

My best m8 did exactly the same and got E's for maths and physics, C for chemistry and C for computing and we had exactly same teachers.

My parents were pleased but bit disapointed with maths.

My computing teacher said "there not your results, its wrong REMARK! REMARK" other one said my mark for CPT 3 was good and I said "yea it was considering my coursework was a sham I cooked up in 2 days before the exam" - he laughed thought I was joking... lol

Physics teacher is a ******, looked like, WHAT YOU SO PLEASED ABOUT *******

I said to chem teacher "bit disapointed with a B was gunning for an A" and he said "some PEOPLE JUST ARE NEVER BLOODY HAPPY ARE THEY!"

And my maths teacher was veryyy pleased with A in pure, hes a young fat druken bald man whos really funny and all his other students failed lol.

My jan results (took tests then after 1 modual) were E physics, E maths, B computing and C chemistry and I only resat PHYSICS this june.
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Got through on the Oxford admissions line but appartnly they haven't got my results and need to contact my school. More waiting and wondering to see if I got in - they say they will phone me back.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I got 2 A's and 2 B's and a C :confused: I expected 4 A's...and a B
Icarus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ooh, the waiting must be tedious...

(Original post by Adhsur)
I got 2 A's and 2 B's and a C :confused: I expected 4 A's...and a B
But did you get into your first choice??
Vin
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Rahaydenuk, congrats on your amazing results.

Why did you take General Studies though? Was it a compulsory subject at your school? It seems that many universities don't accept General Studies, and I'm sure you had known that.
mrmarsupial
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont think he went to a school if he did 6 A levels, he went to the special college for the gifted lol
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.87%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (327)
63.62%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.67%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed