Turn on thread page Beta

Summer 2003 As & A-Level Results Discussion watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm ok with my results I guess. Definetly pleased I got an A in French, would have been unhappy with a B. What I'm surprised about is the oral, for which I got 41/90 and it seems a lot of people (at my college anyway) got quite low marks. As for Maths, I wish Edexcel had given me the B in my A Level instead of AS Further Maths. I was expecting to go down from an A to a B in Physics, so that's ok.

ReputationRep:
    yes!!! just rung up warwick and they accepted me for mechanical engineering. i am now non-uniless

(Original post by scorpio)
    yes!!! just rung up warwick and they accepted me for mechanical engineering. i am now non-uniless
    I'm going to Warwick too, but to do Biology. It was my first choice, and I got better grades than expected, but I'm still going there because I've fallen in love with the place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juliap)
    I'm going to Warwick too, but to do Biology. It was my first choice, and I got better grades than expected, but I'm still going there because I've fallen in love with the place.
    hOPE YOU ENJOY IT THERE.

pHIL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHIL)
    hOPE YOU ENJOY IT THERE.

pHIL
    Nuff with tha conversational style, (and sort you caps lock out whilst you're at it )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Nuff with tha conversational style, (and sort you caps lock out whilst you're at it )
    What do you mean, about the first thing, and sorry if I made a mistake with the caps lock key, if you look at most of my posts, they are usually gramatically concise, so there's no need to have a go at me.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHIL)
    What do you mean, about the first thing, and sorry if I made a mistake with the caps lock key, if you look at most of my posts, they are usually gramatically concise, so there's no need to have a go at me.

Phil
    Weren't necessarily a dig, the aught to have indicated that - another one that thinks everything is an insult... *sighs*.

Just that alot of your posts are turning into "Cheers", "Hope you Enjoy it" etc etc ... again not a dig, tis polite and friendly, but just an observation pre and post absense.

ReputationRep:
    What made you pleased with your results?
    They were beyond my teachers, friends and anyone elses expectations. They were even beyond my own delusional expectations.

Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again?
    None at all. Thats the best I could ever do. As far as I'm concerned its almost a damn miracle . I'm not even sure if I could repeat that sort of performance if I were to do them again.

Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to?
    When I did my AS I let my Mum open them, I was too nervous. This time I opened them in front of my Mum, she was more nervous this time.

What time did you find out your results?
    The doors open at my college from 11PM. I turned up at around 12PM, I don't like to make a fuss and besides queueing is torture to me.

How did your friends fair at your school/college?
    They all did pretty well.

Other comments
    I feel a lot less stressed and more relaxed now. I feel like I'm drunk on A Levels . My results certainly came a shock to me and I still can't seem to believe it now.
    After I got my results and my mum went for the toiliet in the college. I waited outside for her. I had this yellow sheet on top of my results in my hand saying congratulations - we'd like to have a photo of u and a quick chat about your exam sucess. Then a member of staff came up to me and said well done for being one of the top 50 students.
    I said to her I thought everyone gets this yellow shee. She said only the top 50 students in the college got this. She then went and got the photographers. Gave me a bit of paper with some questions to ask and then took a few pictures of me with my results. I was then told I was 48th best out of 480 something students who sat A Levels this year at my College.

I'm very pleased and congratulations to everyone who got the results they deserved.

(Original post by Koloth in [URL=http://www.uk-learning.net/t9776-4)
    Summer 2003 AS & A Level Results[/URL]]
    What were your results?
    A Computing [A Level]
    A Economics [A Level]
    B General Studies [A Level]
    C Business Studies [A Level]

What grades were you expecting?
    About the same grades I got for AS since I knew A2 was going to be harder.

What were your grades last year for AS?

B Computing
    C Economics
    C General Studies
    D Business Studies
    D Biology

What were your predicted grades by your school or college?

D Computing [AS Level]
    E Economics [AS Level]
    E General Studies [AS Level]
    E Business Studies [AS Level]

For A Level my predicted grades were adjusted to match what I achieved at AS Level.

Your course and university of your firm/insurance offer as well as requirements of this offer?
    Firm: BSc Computer Science : University of Essex
    260 UCAS Points out of a maximum of 21 units including BC at A Level.

They were much better than anything I had expected and I think that my Electronics result is something that I will be telling my children about.

What made you disappointed with your results?
    I would have liked my History grade to be a bit better given my Electronics result but I won't be complaining about that as I am VERY pleased with my results.

Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again?
    I think that I worked fairly hard during the academic year, the only thing I wish I had done was to revise less for Electronics and a bit more for History. Alternatively my exam board could have not given me an 9 hour marathon on June 4th but again, I aren't going to complain!

Are you gonna appeal for a re-mark?
    I am on 208 UMS in History so it might be worth a go.

Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to?
    I spent 20 minutes staring at the envelope before I got up the nerve to open it. Did it with friends in my college social area.

How did your friends fair at your school/college?
    Some did extremely well and others did not so well. Ranges from AAAA to DDU.

Did you feel nervous?
    I would love to say no but I was s**ting myself!!!

How do you feel now after knowing?
    Elation, happyness, orgasmic pleasure....etc!!! Somewhere there was a feeling of relief to know that I didn't screw up badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koloth)
    They were beyond my teachers, friends and anyone elses expectations. They were even beyond my own delusional expectations.............
    Well done Koloth! Your results are Brill!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well done Koloth! Your results are Brill!
    It is nice to see that good things still happen to good people, so I'd also like to congratulate you, and wish you good luck in the future.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juliap)
    Finally someone else who's doing a biology degree! Do you have any idea what you're going to do with it after uni? because I certainly don't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tweetsy85)
    rahaydenuk your results are absolutely amazing! You DO realise you are a genius!? lol I think you'll do really well at IC! Good going!
    Thanks and congratulations to you as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    sprechen sie deutsch?
    Ich habe As-Deutsch gemacht.
    Ja, ich habe gerade A-level Deutsch gelernt. Es freut mich, dass es noch andere gibt, die Fremdsprachen lernen wollen.

Es sei denn wir Engländer wollen alle hochmütig werden, müssen wir das Lernen von Fremdsprachen begeistern!

*** Leekey: Don't worry, I can mod any dodgy German stuff! ***

ReputationRep:
    Something really weird has happened... I just checked the tracking page on the ucas website, and apparently Imperial College, my insurance choice, has changed their mnd from conditional offer to unconditional offer.. is that normal? and there is no sign to say that my first choice uni has excepted me... what's going on!?

ReputationRep:
    Something really weird has happened... I just checked the tracking page on the ucas website, and apparently Imperial College, my insurance choice, has changed their mnd from conditional offer to unconditional offer.. is that normal? and there is no sign to say that my first choice uni has excepted me... what's going on!?
    I think this is normal ... as they have your grades, their offer is no longer conditional on your grades. Did you meet your firm offer? What status does that say (still 'Conditional'?)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    I think this is normal ... as they have your grades, their offer is no longer conditional on your grades. Did you meet your firm offer? What status does that say (still 'Conditional'?)?
    Yeah, I met the conditions for my firm offer, yet it still says conditional.. hmmm!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I met the conditions for my firm offer, yet it still says conditional.. hmmm!
    Hmm... unfortunately the UCAS tracking system seems to be a bit ambiguous at times; I would contact your firm offer university directly just to confirm that everythings is in order. Although if you've got the grades, your firm offer choice is legally bound to accept you, so I wouldn't worry!

ReputationRep:
    phew thats alright then. stupid ucas! thanks richard! now i can sleep peacefully tonight!

ReputationRep:
    Is it good to go for a remark if I'm 4 marks off an A in English? Do I contact school if I want one? *confused* Just done AS levels btw.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.