Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is an interesting question

If one of a pair of Siamese twins commits a crime...are they both guilty? How should the situation be handled?

ReputationRep:
    there was a 1950's film about a siamese twin who commits murder, damned if i can remember the name of it thogh.

ReputationRep:
    What a weird question?
    I've got no idea tho...mind you it would be pretty difficut for one to do it and not the other...but wait a mnute you couldnt exactly send one to prison and not the other...that is really confusing and is gonna keep me thinking all day....thanx :mad:

ReputationRep:
    If they both commit the crime they should both go to prison. I can't see how only one of them could commit the crime.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a siamese twin who is trying to see if he'll be able to get away with a wretched crime?

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't it be "conjoined twins" rather than "siamese twins"?

:rolleyes: Sorry - I hate PC!!

ReputationRep:
    Very interesting question. I'm gona get my mates drunk and then tease them with it tonight (sounds like a fun night doesn't it :rolleyes: ) - they prob wont even understand the question.

Amb1 - we all hate PC - apparently we can't call that board at the front of calasses a "Black Board" now because of insulting black people (it has to be called a "Chalk Board") :rolleyes: - now I know a few black people and I don't think any of them would be offended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Very interesting question. I'm gona get my mates drunk and then tease them with it tonight (sounds like a fun night doesn't it :rolleyes: ) - they prob wont even understand the question.

Amb1 - we all hate PC - apparently we can't call that board at the front of calasses a "Black Board" now because of insulting black people (it has to be called a "Chalk Board") :rolleyes: - now I know a few black people and I don't think any of them would be offended.
    where do you people live?? we can call things whatever we like as long as we know it means no offence and a bit of common sense..we always call it black board and siameis twins.

ps: hehe your school still using black boards!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kraslan)
    This is an interesting question

If one of a pair of Siamese twins commits a crime...are they both guilty? How should the situation be handled?
    Sorry to be really morbid but what if one of them wanted to commit suicide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swim By)
    where do you people live?? we can call things whatever we like as long as we know it means no offence and a bit of common sense..we always call it black board and siameis twins.

ps: hehe your school still using black boards!?
    Well my High Scool still uses them I think but my college doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Sorry to be really morbid but what if one of them wanted to commit suicide?
    This is a tough one, but they could be seperated I suppose. The problem is if one wants to be seperated and the other doesn't, or if seperating them is likely to leave one seriously disabled but the other well. Would it be right to seperate them if one was mentaly handicapped and didn't want to be seperated? How about if he was handicaped and did want to be seperated while his brother didn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    This is a tough one, but they could be seperated I suppose. The problem is if one wants to be seperated and the other doesn't, or if seperating them is likely to leave one seriously disabled but the other well. Would it be right to seperate them if one was mentaly handicapped and didn't want to be seperated? How about if he was handicaped and did want to be seperated while his brother didn't?
    In some cases, seperation might mean death to one, or maybe both of them.

ReputationRep:
    they would put one inside a jail and the other just outside the jail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyclone666)
    they would put one inside a jail and the other just outside the jail
    But what if they issue the death sentence (Lets assume they're not in europe)??

ReputationRep:
    But what if they issue the death sentence (Lets assume they're not in europe)??
    I would suspect that the death sentence wouldn't stand in such a case in the USA but in somewhere like Iraq (when ruled by Saddam anyway) maybe they would chop only the convicted guy's head off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyclone666)
    I would suspect that the death sentence wouldn't stand in such a case in the USA but in somewhere like Iraq (when ruled by Saddam anyway) maybe they would chop only the convicted guy's head off.
    Why not the US?? What if one of the pair committed murder? Wouldnt he/she deserve the death penalty?

ReputationRep:
    Why not the US?? What if one of the pair committed murder? Wouldnt he/she deserve the death penalty?
    if it kills someone else obviously the death penalty wouldn't stand so one of them will have to go to jail for life. Not sure if you can lethally inject only one of the siamese twins, doubt it.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.