Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mouse/mice. Eeek... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Further to my previous post....
    I caught the mouse in the kitchen after going to B&Q and buying two mouse traps. It worked well and I got the little critter after baiting the trap with peanut butter. Some time later we have another in the lounge room here. I looked on internet and one thing I read is "if you have one then you have more".
    I've baited one trap in the lounge room with peanut but. On doing more research on the net it seems that if you do that then put a 'seed' within that it might be more productive.
    We certainly have 'something' moving about in the lounge room. Apart from the trap set with peanut butter, I have set the 2nd trap with peanut butter and a little bit of seed and grain and a little bit of my saliva with friuit from my original Alpen. I know that may sound quite gross. But I've researched on net and I need to get rid of the mouse/mice.
    I'm still a "Scardy Custrad" and am very nervous/pensive. I thought I was pretty 'butch' for a bi guy but now I'm wondering. Bad me 👀😎

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drez999)
    Further to my previous post....
    I caught the mouse in the kitchen after going to B&Q and buying two mouse traps. It worked well and I got the little critter after baiting the trap with peanut butter. Some time later we have another in the lounge room here. I looked on internet and one thing I read is "if you have one then you have more".
    I've baited one trap in the lounge room with peanut but. On doing more research on the net it seems that if you do that then put a 'seed' within that it might be more productive.
    We certainly have 'something' moving about in the lounge room. Apart from the trap set with peanut butter, I have set the 2nd trap with peanut butter and a little bit of seed and grain and a little bit of my saliva with friuit from my original Alpen. I know that may sound quite gross. But I've researched on net and I need to get rid of the mouse/mice.
    I'm still a "Scardy Custrad" and am very nervous/pensive. I thought I was pretty 'butch' for a bi guy but now I'm wondering. Bad me 👀😎
    Yikes! I had a mouse in my room a couple of months ago. It was nipping in and out from the neighbours house but didn't stay long because the room was kept clean, I was scared to death. If you're renting you may want to contact your landlord/lady so that he/she can call pest control in. That's what I did and they set up poison traps with peanut butter to kill them off. I haven't seen a mouse since then.

Also, peppermint oil deters them. Dilute it with water in a spray can and spray it everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a nice run across my living room a few months back, went out and got traps, set one up in living room and kitchen,it got snapped up in the kitchen. I also called pest control and they come and put some boxes down with some poison inside, I kept laying traps down every nice but haven't had any more since. Fingers crossed, the things freek me out!! Defo call pest control though 👍🏽.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 29, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.