Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want to get into a good university for law but i took 2 years out to work after doing a diploma in computer engineering( i did quite well . 3.94 GPA out of 4) . My contract with my present employer only ends in November. I did not do A levels but is there a pathway which would lead me to getting a law degree at a top university ?
    I was pondering on a foundation in law but was given to understand that not many qualify to enter the undergraduate law program even after doing foundation in law. Is there any truth to this?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Law degrees are very competitive to get on. You are bets off researching the unis you wnat to go to and looking at their foundation program. you stand the best chance of jumping onto an LLN at the place where you do the foundation. You might wnat to look into some of the 4 year LLB courses. Whether or not they will waive A levels I dont know. If you gopt on thogh you woldnt have to bother about getting on the LLB because you would already be on it.

I did notitce tha most of the foundation law are by colleges and id be wary that they were ood enough to then take it to a good university.

ReputationRep:
    It's mostly colleges that do foundations so i'd think checking them out would be your best bet.
    Law degrees are incredibly competitive and top uni's are very picky when it comes to who they allow on their course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.