Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey so I have an interview at Topshop on Thursday..
    I'm struggling with what to wear in particular. I've searched google/glassdoor etc and I can't find anything recent really.
    Also if anyone knows the sort of questions they'll ask/types of tasks,that would be very helpful, cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Don't risk wearing informal clothes, wear formal clothes.

Not sure on the questions. But you can always prep for the generic questions like:
    • What can you tell me about yourself?
    • Can you list your strengths?
    • What weaknesses do you have?
    • Why should I consider hiring you?
    • Where do you see yourself five years from now?
    • Why do you want to work here?
    • What is your salary expectation?
    • What motivates you?
    • What makes a good team player?
    • What skills do you hope to use for this job?
    • What previous experience do you have?

ReputationRep:
    undercxver thank you,yeah I was going to prepare for generics questions
    and as for the dressing formally i guess that's safer but i don't want to look boring??

ReputationRep:
    blazer, black trousers and a white blouse. it does sound boring for a trendy shop but i have a friend that works at Primark and thats what Primark required, ive also seen people get rejected from Mcdonalds for not dressing formally so i wouldnt risk it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkAcid)
    blazer, black trousers and a white blouse. it does sound boring for a trendy shop but i have a friend that works at Primark and thats what Primark required, ive also seen people get rejected from Mcdonalds for not dressing formally so i wouldnt risk it
    yeah I'm probably gonna wear trousers and a blouse
    lol nah mcdonald's don't care when i went in for my interview was wearing jeans and a flannel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    undercxver thank you,yeah I was going to prepare for generics questions
    and as for the dressing formally i guess that's safer but i don't want to look boring??
    Think of it as a rule to dress formally. Just because you're going to be dressed smart doesn't mean you will look boring. Wear a blouse and skirt/trousers and maybe a blazer if you like. It would look great. :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    i got an interview for college 2morro

just improvise srs,

jus say wht u feel

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.