Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've been offered a 2 year full time MSc PGDip studying Occupational Therapy starting in September. This course is eligible for a small bursary but I'm currently £10k adrift of the money I need to cover my childcare costs per annum. I was under the impression that I could apply for the SFE postgraduate loan to help to cover this cost but looking at other threads I am now confused. Could someone clarify if this is the case as I may need to look at accepting the BSc instead but need to confirm one way or the other which course I am accepting by the end of the week.

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jcrh)
    Hi

I've been offered a 2 year full time MSc PGDip studying Occupational Therapy starting in September. This course is eligible for a small bursary but I'm currently £10k adrift of the money I need to cover my childcare costs per annum. I was under the impression that I could apply for the SFE postgraduate loan to help to cover this cost but looking at other threads I am now confused. Could someone clarify if this is the case as I may need to look at accepting the BSc instead but need to confirm one way or the other which course I am accepting by the end of the week.

Thanks
    Hi
    We're waiting on confirmation on how other sources of funding will affect your eligibility for a Postgraduate Loan. Once this is confirmed we'll let you know in thePostgraduate Loan section of SFE's Student Finance Zone.

If you choose to study an undergraduate course you can find out about the funding you can get in SFE’s Student Finance Zone and on the NHS Business Services Authority website.

Laura

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.