Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hii guys does anyone know whether I have to insert the word count of each page at the bottom of every single one of them or is the total word count at the end of the essays enough?

ReputationRep:
    You will need to write your word count at the end of the coursework, not every page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    You will need to write your word count at the end of the coursework, not every page.
    Thank youu where can i find this information? Because i dont think my teacher would believe me if i showed him this 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poorlittlesoul)
    Thank youu where can i find this information? Because i dont think my teacher would believe me if i showed him this 😂
    You don't have to include it at the end but it's a way of helping the examiner with the word count. Suppose if your word count looks higher and you haven't included the word count at the end of your coursework the examiner would stop reading.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "The word limit of 4,000 words must not be exceeded by any amount. If students do exceed it they must be given the work back and told to take words out. If they still fail to meet the word limit you must stop reading/marking after 4,000 words, which would impact upon their part B mark. However we are flexible in terms of words for part A and B so there is no need to have exactly 2,000 words for each eg students could have 2,200 in part A and 1,800 in part B. Quotes in the main body of the enquiry do count towards the word limit. Anything included in the main body of work counts towards the 4,000 limit, except for footnotes and the title." https://knowledgebase.edexcel.com/?p=1157

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.