Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello - I saw in the website of gov.uk that the first date to apply would be late June 2016.

1) As I have not done this in the past, is there any sort of example application so I can see the information that will be required?

2) Can you walk me through the process if an application were to be submitted successfully?
    2.1) When would be the date they will let me know the outcome?
    2.2.) for which period will that be applicable?

3) What are the restrictions to obtain the maximum 10.000?

4) When is the earliest I can apply?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by mtuma01)
    Hello - I saw in the website of gov.uk that the first date to apply would be late June 2016.

1) As I have not done this in the past, is there any sort of example application so I can see the information that will be required?

2) Can you walk me through the process if an application were to be submitted successfully?
    2.1) When would be the date they will let me know the outcome?
    2.2.) for which period will that be applicable?

3) What are the restrictions to obtain the maximum 10.000?

4) When is the earliest I can apply?
    Hi

We don’t have an demo application at the moment, but you’ll be asked to provide your personal details and information about your course and university. If you have a UK bank account and/or National Insurance number it would also be helpful to have them handy when you apply. You might be asked to send evidence depending on your circumstances.

It can take up to six weeks to process an application once we have everything we need so it’s important you give us all the information and any evidence asked for in the application.

Once we’ve assessed your application we’ll send you a letter confirming how much Postgraduate Loan you’re getting.

Everyone’s who’s eligible for a Postgraduate Loan can get up to £10,000, it doesn’t depend on your course, fees or income.

The application will be available in late June, keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter pages for updates.

Laura

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.