The Student Room Group

Predict your hardest A-level exam this summer.....

Which one are you most worried about?

:cookie:

Scroll to see replies

right so this is only AS but out of maths and the three main sciences, itll be either chemistry altogether as we still havent finished the course!. or it will be physics paper 2, the practical skills are insane and the way around this according to my teachers ways of learning is go through it all in 1 lesson >:frown:. but yeh, either chemistry or physics paper 2
Fp3 or Physics unit 5! 29th & 28th of June, gonna be hardd
In order of "This is going to be painful" to "It's going to be so easy":

-Unit 1 Classics
It's sometimes very difficult to answer a question if you forget small details from the source. Usually each small detail can grant you a mark and forgetting a few will cost you a grade. The revision is just... time consuming and boring too.

-Unit 2 Law
It's very hard to predict what the scenario could be about so it's a case of remembering cases you probably won't need which is time consuming. It's also hard to predict what first 2 questions will pop up on section A. There's a possible 6.

-Unit 2 Classics
The book is really easy to understand and get through but the analysis can be a pain when you don't understand the questions in the exam as well. Some questions are too open meaning you could possibly write too much (for me, anyway).

-Unit 1 Law
Really easy to remember the information. Struggling to remember advantages and disadvantages but I should master that the hour before the exam.

-Unit 1 & 2 General studies (Forced to do this subject :frown: )
It's just multiple choice and stating your opinion.
I'm going to say...(easiest to hardest)
C3
F325 (Chemistry Unit 5)
Bio 5
C4
Bio 4
F324 (Chemistry Unit 4)
Reply 5
Original post by She-Ra

My hardest exam will be M5, but it isn't part of my university offer, so I'm most worried about Geography (Edexcel unit 3).
Original post by Muttski
In order of "This is going to be painful" to "It's going to be so easy":

-Unit 1 Classics
It's sometimes very difficult to answer a question if you forget small details from the source. Usually each small detail can grant you a mark and forgetting a few will cost you a grade. The revision is just... time consuming and boring too.

-Unit 2 Law
It's very hard to predict what the scenario could be about so it's a case of remembering cases you probably won't need which is time consuming. It's also hard to predict what first 2 questions will pop up on section A. There's a possible 6.

-Unit 2 Classics
The book is really easy to understand and get through but the analysis can be a pain when you don't understand the questions in the exam as well. Some questions are too open meaning you could possibly write too much (for me, anyway).

-Unit 1 Law
Really easy to remember the information. Struggling to remember advantages and disadvantages but I should master that the hour before the exam.

-Unit 1 & 2 General studies (Forced to do this subject :frown: )
It's just multiple choice and stating your opinion.

I'm doing classical civilisation but I think it's part ancient history, I'd rather do 3 politics as levels that are different to it than do class civ lol
Reply 7
Original post by She-Ra

In order:
Physics Unit 5: Will be a complete and utter killer
Physics Unit 4: Not as bad, but will still be horrible I am sure
Geography Unit 4: 70 mark essay...speaks for itself
Maths C4: Hopefully the vector and integration questions will be nice
Geography Unit 3: 2hour30mins, and I hate writing essays.
Maths M1: If the questions don't trip me up, this should be a breeze.
Maths C3: Again, if the questions aren't horrible this will be okay.
(edited 7 years ago)
Probably any paper from the new specs in AS physics, chemistry or biology (less for biology though) as genuinely anything could come up that we are not prepared for :cry:
Reply 9
FP3, Physics Unit 4 or Chemistry Unit 5. :afraid:
History
English
Business

(the one I'm most worried about is at the top)
Reply 11
Original post by She-Ra

A2 chemistry :|
English Literature.
C2 Maths :frown:
Physics depth paper
Reply 15
Either biology unit 5 or chemistry unit 5, biology has too much detail needed and chemistry has too much bs
Reply 16
Chem4 biol5
C2 maths

Just realised i did no work in maths since we started C2, and i cant even answer the questions in the paper, ah well, i just gotta work in the next 3 weeks and hope for it to go well

Original post by Pix2015
C2 Maths :frown:
Original post by Ayman!

:jumphug: I will join you on Physics unit 4.

Difficult exams:
- M1
- Physics U4

I'm rubbish at Mechanics thankfully A* in maths is based on c3/4 so
I only need to get roughly 70 ums (b) on M1.

Physics u4 is going to be a killer at getting A*. :cry2:
I need A*A* for my offer but I have a feeling I'll get A*A ... :bawling:

How you feeling towards for exams?
Original post by Ayman!

Why the hate for unit 4 physics? (genuinely curious, idk what is in that unit for edexcel lol)

Quick Reply