The Student Room Group

64% of TSR want to remain in the EU... share your vote

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jammy Duel
The only one that I can get the best regards and waiting to see you then you will have a wonderful time with the saw the article on Huffington post a question QQ to waaa to be able and interested aaaaaand and all attachments is strictly forbidden and I am also available on Monday away was automatically by a way that I A and all was www wearables to weak we was the aaaaaand to be away AAA AAA wastewater Warsaw where I AAA batteries are not as was w

Posted from TSR Mobile

ondering to watch it Warsaw where a was awareness and waaa to We a waaa Swansea's wqaawaaawaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaae wastages was theawaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawqwaaaaaaaaaqaaaaaawawwaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwaaaaaaaqaaaaaaaaaaawaaeawaaawaqaawaaaaaaaqaaaaaaaaaaaaqaawawawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaqas a aaaaaand aaaaaaaeaaawaaaaaaaaand aaaaaand qaaaaawawq

Your most coherent post yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i dont get why you would want to leave the EU because britain will have less economical and financial help from others
Original post by newpersonage
The EU is not fixed in stone! What are you going to do if the EU swings to the far Right? Current EU policies just demonstrate that the EU has sovereignty in certain areas. After Stage 2 of Eurozone Union it will have sovereignty over almost everything, the UK will lose self government entirely and have <10% of the vote in Council and Parliament.

This referendum is about self government for future generations, please don't get side-tracked by bribes and promises.

I was merely replying to another persons comment regarding animal and enviromental benefits/ disadvantages.

The EU is so important for trade, economy, science and education to name a few!

I will definitely be voting in. large investment and banking companies have already decided that if we vote out they are moving their London offices to a different EU country. So I hate to imagine what a state our country would be in if we vote out
Original post by EmmaRoseJones
I was merely replying to another persons comment regarding animal and enviromental benefits/ disadvantages.

The EU is so important for trade, economy, science and education to name a few!

I will definitely be voting in. large investment and banking companies have already decided that if we vote out they are moving their London offices to a different EU country. So I hate to imagine what a state our country would be in if we vote out

It's important for corporations and powerful people. And so what about large companies, I'd rather have healthy competitive economy full of smaller domestic businesses, not red tape that stymies entrepreneurs in this country while serving the interests of corporate monopolies. It's not just the economic side, it's the political side. Vote remain if you want, but know that is far from the beacon of progressivism so self-servingly espoused by our elites. It serves unaccountable, power crazed, political classes, and corporate monopolies, creates wage compression and makes the labour market lower down impossible and society crueller. Imagine the future common anti-terror policies, if you think that is unnaccountable and authoritarian. It will simply be a stifling autocrats wet dream.
Please don't be willing to belief all this wisdom or evidence is so objective, it's heavily politicised and espoused by the powerful who think they know best for everyone. Those fear tactics are just odious and should not be rewarded.
The EU is not fixed in stone! What are you going to do if the EU swings to the far Right? Current EU policies just demonstrate that the EU has sovereignty in certain areas. After Stage 2 of Eurozone Union it will have sovereignty over almost everything, the UK will lose self government entirely and have <10% of the vote in Council and Parliament.

This referendum is about self government for future generations, please don't get side-tracked by bribes and promises.

I've tried to make this point, you did it better. They are suffering from extreme short termism.
Original post by Kavita2000
i dont get why you would want to leave the EU because britain will have less economical and financial help from others

What do you mean by this? In terms of money we directly receive from the EU we receive a lot less than we pay in. We also receive most of our investment from outside the EU and I imagine most our debt that is foreign owned is held outside the UK and as long as it remains a safe investment (it will) these investments will continue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmmaRoseJones
.... So I hate to imagine what a state our country would be in if we vote out

No more scaremongering please. Here is the opinion of the de facto leader of the Remain campaign:

No more scaremongering please. Here is the opinion of the de facto leader of the Remain campaign:

...no one denies Britain can "survive" outside EU. The argument is Britain can do better inside it.
Original post by jneill
...no one denies Britain can "survive" outside EU. The argument is Britain can do better inside it.

Britain will do just fine outside the EU. Do you really think that losing UK self government forever should be swapped for what you imagine to be a bit of extra cash for youself?
Original post by jneill

The leave campaign even with their biased assumptions they put into the financial model see the economy grow 39% by 2030 ( can't even predict next year never mind more than a decade) for an exit and 41% for a remain vote

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
The leave campaign even with their biased assumptions they put into the financial model see the economy grow 39% by 2030 ( can't even predict next year never mind more than a decade) for an exit and 41% for a remain vote

You spoke the truth: "can't even predict next year never mind more than a decade". Any economist who could predict next month would retire within 6 months!
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
It's important for corporations and powerful people. And so what about large companies, I'd rather have healthy competitive economy full of smaller domestic businesses, not red tape that stymies entrepreneurs in this country while serving the interests of corporate monopolies. It's not just the economic side, it's the political side. Vote remain if you want, but know that is far from the beacon of progressivism so self-servingly espoused by our elites. It serves unaccountable, power crazed, political classes, and corporate monopolies, creates wage compression and makes the labour market lower down impossible and society crueller. Imagine the future common anti-terror policies, if you think that is unnaccountable and authoritarian. It will simply be a stifling autocrats wet dream.
Please don't be willing to belief all this wisdom or evidence is so objective, it's heavily politicised and espoused by the powerful who think they know best for everyone. Those fear tactics are just odious and should not be rewarded.

Don't plead. Your opinion is probably just as influence by the media and people around you! I'm not being bullied into voting in by fears from companies or politicians. May I add that you've basically said that it would be good for the economy slide down into dispair for the thought of your local shop selling cheap bread. Do you think that is more valuable than affordable mortgages? It's estimated the average mortgage will rise by £900 a month! I love supporting local, independent businesses however we live in a world of globalisation where large companies are essential for the income of many.

I'm not trying to scaremonger anyone I just saying that we are so much better IN than out!!

Why the EU is great:
Free trade with a say on the EU trade laws
EU encourages investment
Police coordination - European arrant warrant.
Influence in and out of Europe
Immigration and emigration - good thing!
EU safeguards
Education and scientific funding
TSR poll now at*

Remain: 2,173 : 71%
Leave: 902 : 29%
Total: 3,075

*ignoring don't knows, or won't vote.

I doubt the actual referendum vote will be similar to this though.
Original post by jneill
TSR poll now at*

Which is roughly in line with what the polls say for the age group

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
TSR poll now at*

I wish the outcome was like this, though! :tongue:
Original post by george_c00per
I wish the outcome was like this, though! :tongue:

Until 20 years down the line you regret it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Until 20 years down the line you regret it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Says a Brexiter but whatevs :banana2:
Which is roughly in line with what the polls say for the age group

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just had a look at the latest TNS.

Interesting that 20% of all adults have already voted (postal votes).
http://www.tnsglobal.co.uk/press-release/leave-campaign-ahead-latest-tns-poll

I think only 15% or so postal voted in GE2015
(edited 7 years ago)
Thats really not a good poll result for a forum community focused on education......

Makes me wish Higher Level Economics, Politics and Philosophy were mandatory courses at all school.

(But then again, a huge number of Bernie supporters are also supposedly young college educated people)
An earlier survey (YouGov via the FT) found this:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending