The Student Room Group

Business vs computer science

Hello I cannot chose between computer science and business for my GCSE option. The computer science exam board that were going to do is edexcel and its a new course and for business i'm not sure which exam board. No one in my school did the course before (computer science) as its new so I have no idea what its like. Is computer science very time consuming.? I want to do a subject that is not too time consuming as i want to focus on science more but I also want to do a course that I enjoy. I'm not very good at computers but i thought if I do computer science then maybe i could improve especially in coding since I can't do it and I thought this would be a good opportunity to learn. Also for computer science is the coursework is it creative or not really because I'm not a very creative person, do you get like a brief for the project and you do it or you have to like think of something like a programme and make it from scratch? And is it harder to get an A for computer science? This the link to the new edexcel specification for computer science to the topics that will be covered and the exam spec paper: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/computer-science-2016.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FSpecification-and-sample-assessments
Original post by Anonymous1502
Hello I cannot chose between computer science and business for my GCSE option. The computer science exam board that were going to do is edexcel and its a new course and for business i'm not sure which exam board. No one in my school did the course before (computer science) as its new so I have no idea what its like. Is computer science very time consuming.? I want to do a subject that is not too time consuming as i want to focus on science more but I also want to do a course that I enjoy. I'm not very good at computers but i thought if I do computer science then maybe i could improve especially in coding since I can't do it and I thought this would be a good opportunity to learn. Also for computer science is the coursework is it creative or not really because I'm not a very creative person, do you get like a brief for the project and you do it or you have to like think of something like a programme and make it from scratch? And is it harder to get an A for computer science? This the link to the new edexcel specification for computer science to the topics that will be covered and the exam spec paper: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/computer-science-2016.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FSpecification-and-sample-assessments

DEFINITELY do Business! I do both currently and i've had to flunk Computer Science because I don't find it enjoyable and it's highly time consuming. For OCR you have A451-Test A452(Coursework)-App Design A453(Coursework)-Programming project. For A452 and A453 others in my class got up to 9000 words for each of them which took them a very long time and long nights. I only recommend Computer Science if you are good with computers and interested in Coding. Business on the other hand is definetly much for enjoyable. There's 1 controlled assessment(AQA) and 2 Tests. It's relatively easy as you just apply business terms to case studies.
Original post by niftyhitman
DEFINITELY do Business! I do both currently and i've had to flunk Computer Science because I don't find it enjoyable and it's highly time consuming. For OCR you have A451-Test A452(Coursework)-App Design A453(Coursework)-Programming project. For A452 and A453 others in my class got up to 9000 words for each of them which took them a very long time and long nights. I only recommend Computer Science if you are good with computers and interested in Coding. Business on the other hand is definetly much for enjoyable. There's 1 controlled assessment(AQA) and 2 Tests. It's relatively easy as you just apply business terms to case studies.

GCSE Edexcel

Quick Reply

Latest