is anyone doing M4? i am stragling about it..can anyone kindly tell me what is the important thing to revise for?
thank you so much;....
x Turn on thread page Beta
M4 tomorrow...help! watch
- Thread Starter
- 30-06-2004 10:36
- 30-06-2004 11:48
1) Relative motion, just remember
aVb = Va - Vb (for velocities, and the same for displacement etc)
2) Collisions, just remember to split into parallel and perpendicular to the lines of the centres between the two colliding objects. Then draw before and after lines.
EG (to give you some idea, of course substitue in the correct values/trig functions)
|_____> uSin(-) X e
Then do Conservation of linear momentum and the law of restitution on the line that is parallel to the line of centres (drawn horizontally above).
3) Need to revise that myself, so will get back to you on that.
4) Important, revise 2nd order differential equations with particular integrals (P4) for damped and forced harmonic oscillations. Also have some idea of what the graphs of the different solutions look like! As well as the graph touching the maximum/minimum points for light damping (exponential decay).
5) Take a look at stability, these are a fairly simple idea, but the results can be quite complex.
(Original post by Valen)
- 30-06-2004 12:21
As well as the graph touching the maximum/minimum points for light damping (exponential decay).