Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Sorry if this isn't in the right place)

Hi, I'm thinking of doing the World Challenge in summer 2017, but was told that it's around £3000, and that we should be raising this money ourselves.
    Apart from cake sales, does anyone have any other ideas on how to raise good levels of money?

ReputationRep:
    sponsored head shaves, sponsored leg/chest waxes, sponsored bike ride/run/marathon, raffles, fundraising bbqs, face painting, selling t shirts/wristbands etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)

Hi, I'm thinking of doing the World Challenge in summer 2017, but was told that it's around £3000, and that we should be raising this money ourselves.
    Apart from cake sales, does anyone have any other ideas on how to raise good levels of money?
    eBay. Simple; I'm in Year 11 and I have made £550 in sales since last August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leicester City)
    what kind of things do you sell? I've got a ton of revision guides etc that I'm planning to get rid of after June

ReputationRep:
    what kind of things do you sell? I've got a ton of revision guides etc that I'm planning to get rid of after June
    I'll PM you

ReputationRep:
    create a just-giving page and spread on social media

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you'll be doing some form of charity work whilst you're away, perhaps write to various trusts and foundations? I did, and must have got about £800 from it. It takes time and energy but worth the effort!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Leicester City)
    how did you get an ebay account being under 18?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Car boot sale, bag packing in a supermarket etc

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but my parents made me really think about it, and I realised that I don't have enough time next year

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.