Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel politics unit 6 route A watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok Ive just been discussing this with my friend and looking at the syllabus and to be honest I dont know what I need to know for this exam? All I could see in the syllabus that stood out was the impact of Europe on political parties and pressure groups and I've done those questions in mock exams. Any advice would be welcome, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=benjammin]Ok Ive just been discussing this with my friend and looking at the syllabus and to be honest I dont know what I need to know for this exam? All I could see in the syllabus that stood out was the impact of Europe on political parties and pressure groups and I've done those questions in mock exams. Any advice would be welcome, thanks.[/QUOTE
    revise education,health etc.. with maybe a dash of europe and a sprinkle of racism

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=italianmark]
    (Original post by benjammin)
    Ok Ive just been discussing this with my friend and looking at the syllabus and to be honest I dont know what I need to know for this exam? All I could see in the syllabus that stood out was the impact of Europe on political parties and pressure groups and I've done those questions in mock exams. Any advice would be welcome, thanks.[/QUOTE
    revise education,health etc.. with maybe a dash of europe and a sprinkle of racism

look at judiciary law n order as well welfare state etc etc
    impact of eu on central govt constition etc

ReputationRep:
    Is it basically a case of revising 4 and 5 again then, and the impact of EU on constitution, PGs etc etc thrown in?

ReputationRep:
    I Am Certain That There Is Going To Be A Question About The 'impact Of The Eu On Uk Parties And Pressure Groups' And Something About Consensus/adversarial Policies Regarding Law And Order.
    I Am Curious To See What Everyone Else Thinks About The Possibilities Of These Two Qu's Coming Up.
    Also Did Anyone Do The Politics Unit 4 Question On Northern Ireland. It Was Very Tough. Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions As To How That Question Should Have Been Answered.

ReputationRep:
    Not so sure about the Consensus/adversarial Policies Regarding Law and Order but I would definately agree on the "Impact Of The Eu On Uk Parties And Pressure Groups".
    The Northern Ireland question is always the least answered question so they arent as strict with the marking of it. I avoided it and only revised the easier topics (Left my revision until the last minute and was forced to cram...again).

ReputationRep:
    What do you think is realistically going to come up. How would you tackle the 'impact of eu on uk political parties and pressure group' question

ReputationRep:
    Talk about the way in which the parties have changed their opinions and approach towards the issue of the EU
    eg Heath took Britain into the Europe and has never quite been forgiven for realising his dream. Margaret Thatcher pushed forward the Single European Act , then spent the rest of her premiership railing against some of its effects. John Major signed the Maastrict Treaty which set the framework for the Single Currency, and was then crippled by a Tory European civil war!
    In other words the conservatives have a habit of entusiastically embracing Europe followed by pangs of guilt as they wonder wither it was such a good idea after all!!
    Liberal & Liberal democrats kept a firm positive view throughout
    Labour Hostile in 60s, supported in 67, unsure in opposition in 70s, supported membership in 75. committed to membership in late 80s, New Labour success in 94 signalled victory for pro Euros Blair and Prescott. Helped them succeed in 97, signed social chapter and helped move towards EMU

Thats just a start and a very condenced list, The knowledge you need for unit 6 is pretty big really...

ReputationRep:
    this attachment may help you 2 answer that question of impact of EU on political parties.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Discuss the impact of Europe on the party politics of the UK.doc (34.0 KB, 95 views)

ReputationRep:
    How is your exam technique for unit 6. 45 minutes on each question. Do you think that evaluation is the key to high marks?

ReputationRep:
    Isnt that what politics is all about? :confused:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.