Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

the bewildering ramblings of a random fat bloke watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    hey guys, after multiple weeks of procrastination, I have finally decided to launch my hybrid log.
    this will contain videos (which will be posted via my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpZ...NJd28_Fs1VbMjg, as well as a traditional typed format on TSR.

after seeing @FrenchUnicorn and @Ethereal World 's blogs, I have decided to do my own thing, recalling things which I have experienced in life, sharing my views on current event and also me post topics for people to discuss about.

Here are a few things I will be posting about on tsr / youtube:

personal experiences with islamophobia in the UK

being a muslim who wants to go to israel / palestine

the quality of education I had vs other people then / now

my view on the Junior Doctor strike and how to address it

Personal experiences as a pre-reg in community pharmacy and how more needs to be done to support junior healthcare professionals in the UK.

locum vs fulltime: benefits and cons of both

dealing with psoriasis: how I managed to deal with it during my last year at uni

differences between primary (community) healthcare and secondary for students: where should I go

how to change formula 1 / motorsports in general

what on earth should I do in the future?

due to my work schedule (ie completely unorganised / called on a prn basis) I cannot give any guarantees on when I will be posting but feel free to watch this space

Subscribing

ReputationRep:
    Nice one!!

ReputationRep:
    Look forward to seeing you on cam video.

ReputationRep:
    subscribed and good luck!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    Look forward to seeing you on cam video.
    I wont in front of the cam (save for the attempts at exercise on the youtube channel, where I will be wearing mask / blur face), but I will be behind the cam and will be using my real voice

ReputationRep:
    I am :excited: about this blog :ahee:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Did you get your phone sorted out?

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Watching this thread, wait how old are you?

I thought you were like 18 lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Did you get your phone sorted out?
    o2 lost my friggin 1020 but in a surprising turn of events, I actually prefer the 1020 in yellow than black (still peeved that they sent a 32gb version instead of 64gb but good thing about windows phone 8.1 and windows 10 devices is that your apps / settings are synced across all desktop, laptop, windows tab and phone so I didnt lose anything (minus a couple of apps which have been kicked out of the app store as they were free anime apps). unfortunately I still have to find a new insurance provider but o2 have been surprisingly helpful (sent me documentation for refurbed handset such as proof of purchase etc, given me extra credit etc).

moral of story, if you have a cracked screen, get it fixed on the cheap in town otherwise it will be replaced by a refurbed / different handset.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Yay! Watching this thread, wait how old are you?

I thought you were like 18 lol
    im 24 :lol:

ive said it in multiple threads / on my profile...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    im 24 :lol:

ive said it in multiple threads / on my profile...
    Lool, that makes you my older brother! Don't call me aapa now :lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Lool, that makes you my older brother! Don't call me aapa now :lol:
    aapa is a sign of respect :lol:

in fairness a lot of my friends who are semi-fresh from different cultures call me bhai despite me being younger than them. even patients call me bhai when some are clearly old enough to be my parents and grandparents :|

what should I call you then?
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    subscribing
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Subbed
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by quasa)
    x
    Hiya!

Just moved this over to Blogs for you! Also, subbing :ahee:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey guys, Im gonna upload my first couple of vids this week so keep tuned
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi everyone, here is my first vid. of my experiences with islamaphobia growing up but crucially, this is what happened to me during 7/7. this day was quite harrowing for me as I experienced my first ever panic attack over the situation for reasons explained in the video. but the moral of the story is : if something bad happened which could have been horrific for someone you knew, be it friend or foe, would you help or support them or would you be an absolute dickwad to them?

p.s. apologies for improperly structured sentences in this vid. I generally hate rehearsing for speeches / things as I always want to talk from the heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    Hi everyone, here is my first vid. it is part 1 of 2 of my experiences with islamaphobia growing up but crucially, this is what happened to me during 7/7. this day was quite harrowing for me as I experienced my first ever panic attack over the situation for reasons explained in the video. but the moral of the story is : if something bad happened which could have been horrific for someone you knew, be it friend or foe, would you help or support them or would you be an absolute dickwad to them?

p.s. apologies for improperly structured sentences in this vid. I generally hate rehearsing for speeches / things as I always want to talk from the heart.
    this is a very good video man

i think i was in year 3 or 4 when 7/7 happened and my mum had to go to central london on that day for a meeting
    i found out when what had occured while in one of my lessons
    i was scared and was thinking it had to do with London just winning the bid to host the oylmpics the day before. i tried forgetting about what happened and hoped people were ok and no one was hurt
    when i got home that day my older sister was able to contact my mother who was in tottenham court road walking half way through London to get home. it was frightening. she was about to get on a bus but we told her not to because i had seen the bus 30 blown up.

airport security increased ever since then and i admire the work of the police and NHS in the fact that they were able to care for people in desperate times

Islamophobia is on the increase again ever since the paris attacks last year because people tend to associate a muslim with a terrorist and that is just not true. if all muslims were terrorist the world would be extinct as there are over a billion muslims in the world.
    most of the muslims i have met are really nice people
    it is only a few radical ones that give them a bad name and those radical muslims have a wrong interpretation of the Quran

and to answer your question i would help them or at least try and make them feel better about their situation
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    this is a very good video man

i think i was in year 3 or 4 when 7/7 happened and my mum had to go to central london on that day for a meeting
    i found out when what had occured while in one of my lessons
    i was scared and was thinking it had to do with London just winning the bid to host the oylmpics the day before. i tried forgetting about what happened and hoped people were ok and no one was hurt
    when i got home that day my older sister was able to contact my mother who was in tottenham court road walking half way through London to get home. it was frightening. she was about to get on a bus but we told her not to because i had seen the bus 30 blown up.

airport security increased ever since then and i admire the work of the police and NHS in the fact that they were able to care for people in desperate times

Islamophobia is on the increase again ever since the paris attacks last year because people tend to associate a muslim with a terrorist and that is just not true. if all muslims were terrorist the world would be extinct as there are over a billion muslims in the world.
    most of the muslims i have met are really nice people
    it is only a few radical ones that give them a bad name and those radical muslims have a wrong interpretation of the Quran

and to answer your question i would help them or at least try and make them feel better about their situation
    cheers dude,

PRSOM

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 9, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.