The Student Room Group

I HATE grime music

I really don't understand why so many UK teens are following this grime culture. The music is genuinely unpleasant to listen to and it promotes really chavy behaviour like taking drugs wearing a tracksuit... Anyone else think the same?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They like the cache
Original post by splashywill
I really don't understand why so many UK teens are following this grime culture. The music is genuinely unpleasant to listen to and it promotes really chavy behaviour like taking drugs wearing a tracksuit... Anyone else think the same?

What is it? I've heard of grunge :rofl:
Feeling like an old age pensioner rn haha
Why so many teens are following grime culture? Maybe its because most of the lyrics are 100% relateable.
Smithy boy owns everyone though

**** music
I think Akala is okay. He also tries to make a point when he raps.

EDIT- Apparently his music is only regarded as hip hop so I have no idea as to what grime music actually is.
(edited 7 years ago)

my playlist is better :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL86nCRSHJsuVXL9T4u7VXtqmWzyawCK1s
Original post by Someboady
Why so many teens are following grime culture? Maybe its because most of the lyrics are 100% relateable.

What's relatable about it?
If you don't like it don't listen, nothing is forced on you , especially considering it's very rarely on radio. Let people do what they want to do
Original post by CourtlyCanter

Akala is hip-hop, not grime
grime is 2 gd.
what kind of idiot listens to this crappy type of music
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ArseneWenger1
Akala is hip-hop, not grime

My bad.
(edited 7 years ago)

i agree
Original post by ArseneWenger1
If you don't like it don't listen, nothing is forced on you , especially considering it's very rarely on radio. Let people do what they want to do

don't worry, I don't like it or listen and I am letting people listen to whatever they want. All i'm saying is i really don't get how it's become so popular because in my opinion it doesn't sound good at all
Original post by Infamous*
Smithy boy owns everyone though

haha i remember this kid back in the day
Original post by Someboady

No they aren't. The lyrics are mostly based around fiction and violence and always have been. That's part of why it was so exciting when it was developing.

Grime has been and gone & is attempting to hang on to it's glory years. Also the fan base has changed and the lyrics on the early tracks were particularly relevant to the working class kids.

Original post by CourtlyCanter

He isn't Grime though.
Original post by Fruitninja
what kind of idiot listens to this crappy type of music

I don't even listen to grime, but how can you try and generalise the entirety of ANY genre of music as "crappy"?

What counts as "good" music to you then?

And to call anyone that listens to it an idiot, K.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest