Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was just wondering if anybody had any words of wisdom or motivation or whatever you would want to call it.. I am currently twenty-three, and living at home . I am a student, just finished my first year of a social work course and do feel as though I am finally on the right track towards doing something with my life..... (although I am starting to stress a little as exams are approaching).

Anyway. I am also single, and have been single for a long long time, I suffered some sexual abuse when I was younger and am just about to start some therapy to finally sort myself out. Again, this is me trying to sort my life out. The only thing that is getting me down is that I have no friends anymore, we all kind of drifted apart mainly because my friends girlfriends just didn't like me. I guess thats what happens when your best friends are guys and from what I can see through Facebook (I wish I had never looked) they are all moving in to their own homes, and two of them have children. I am not saying I want children, but there is no way in hell I could ever afford a house right now. I think I have about £1000 in my bank account.

I feel as though I am stuck.. I will be a student for another two years, and probably still living at home.. I know they probably won't be but I do feel like they may be laughing a little, despite the fact they all have mortgages and babies bums to wipe... I am still living the life I had when I was 16... Is this sad? I feel sad..
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was just wondering if anybody had any words of wisdom or motivation or whatever you would want to call it.. I am currently twenty-three, and living at home . I am a student, just finished my first year of a social work course and do feel as though I am finally on the right track towards doing something with my life..... (although I am starting to stress a little as exams are approaching).

Anyway. I am also single, and have been single for a long long time, I suffered some sexual abuse when I was younger and am just about to start some therapy to finally sort myself out. Again, this is me trying to sort my life out. The only thing that is getting me down is that I have no friends anymore, we all kind of drifted apart mainly because my friends girlfriends just didn't like me. I guess thats what happens when your best friends are guys and from what I can see through Facebook (I wish I had never looked) they are all moving in to their own homes, and two of them have children. I am not saying I want children, but there is no way in hell I could ever afford a house right now. I think I have about £1000 in my bank account.

I feel as though I am stuck.. I will be a student for another two years, and probably still living at home.. I know they probably won't be but I do feel like they may be laughing a little, despite the fact they all have mortgages and babies bums to wipe... I am still living the life I had when I was 16... Is this sad? I feel sad..
    You aren't stuck really as you will have a job to go into when you're 25, you might get a mortgage and have kids later than your friends but that doesnt mean you wont ever get it Could looking into moving into student accommodation be helpful for you?
    If you have the time available, why not join a society or a sport team to meet new friends?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.