Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    of course, you could always delete the thread and re-post it in the chat area.
    sounds like a lot of work....couldnt i just leave it there as a reminder that humour doesnt go down well in d + d

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, is there anything in that 'C.V' that the pro Bush lobby would dispute?

ReputationRep:
    Cossack, where did you get this from? It's full of inaccuracies and many outright lies.
    I don't the time/patience to refute every line in your message (although I am sure I could). I'll give you two examples:

-All of the corporate scandals (enron, worldcom, etc.) took place under the previous administration.

-Your post claims that many jobs were lost, the economy is in trouble, and implies that somehow Bush is responsible. It fails to mention that we were victims of what was probably the biggest terrorist attack in world history. That attack nearly destroyed our economy. It also fails to mention that we now have the fastest growing economy we've seen in 20 years and unemployment is now a low 5.6 percent.

-It tries to discredit every accomplisment he has made be suggesting his father had anything to do with them. Many, many children of famous people become complete failures in life.

-"In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the U.S. has ever been since the Civil War." Says who? Someone that lives in another country, no doubt. I think the country was just as divided under Clinton, when he was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.

-As for the UN, maybe in Europe it still has some legitimacy, but many Americans, such as myself, know that it is a corrupt, anti-semetic and anti-american institution. The UN's oil for food scandle makes enron look like a joke. It must be the world's biggest financial scandle in history, but your biased media has likely given it little attention.

ReputationRep:
    It was in an email forwarded round my office...it wasnt meant to be a succent argument just a bit of fun....looks like Bush fans are a little touchy...not getting nervous are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    -As for the UN, know that it is a corrupt, anti-semetic and anti-american institution.
    *******s *******s *******s. The rest of your post is fair enough though.

ReputationRep:
    Without wanting to get into too much detail do you honestly the most capable leader America could have....I'm sure theres about 200 million Americans who are eligible ...is he really the best out of all of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Without wanting to get into too much detail do you honestly the most capable leader America could have....I'm sure theres about 200 million Americans who are eligible ...is he really the best out of all of them?
    Its the democrats fault, if they hadnt chosen someone with the charisma of a shoe as their candidate they would have won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Out of interest, is there anything in that 'C.V' that the pro Bush lobby would dispute?
    Yes, all of it. I'd say 95% of it is pure propaganda. It's riddled with lies and exaggerations, and only presents facts from one side. A lot of actions taken by the president were for good reason, but those reasons were all ommitted because the person that created that list obviously has an anti-bush agenda.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, all of it. I'd say 95% of it is pure propaganda. It's riddled with lies and exaggerations, and only presents facts from one side. A lot of actions taken by the president were for good reason, but those reasons were all ommitted because the person that created that list obviously has an anti-bush agenda.
    I was hoping for specifics (im not taking it at face value myself, just wondered if there was anything on it that pro-bushites wouldnt dispute as fact) but its a bit lengthy to go through bit by bit.

ReputationRep:
    *******s *******s *******s. The rest of your post is fair enough though.
    The UN IS corrupt. Are you suggesting that the Oil For Food scandal never took place? I'm sure your unbiased BBC, that you are all so proud of, has had stellar coverage of it. Type in "oil for food scandal" in a google search. Or, to save time, just click on this link http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/I..._040420-1.html

ReputationRep:
    Its the democrats fault, if they hadnt chosen someone with the charisma of a shoe as their candidate they would have won.
    It looks like history is going to repeat itself. I think Kerry has even less charisma than al gore, if that's possible.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Made in the USA]Cossack, where did you get this from? It's full of inaccuracies and many outright lies.
    I don't the time/patience to refute every line in your message (although I am sure I could). I'll give you two examples:

-All of the corporate scandals (enron, worldcom, etc.) took place under the previous administration.
    Heres a timeline of the enron scandal
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...&notFound=true

-Your post claims that many jobs were lost, the economy is in trouble, and implies that somehow Bush is responsible.
    No hes just the president

-It tries to discredit every accomplisment he has made be suggesting his father had anything to do with them. Many, many children of famous people become complete failures in life.
    Where does it mention a single Bush accomplishment?

-"In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the U.S. has ever been since the Civil War." Says who? Someone that lives in another country, no doubt. I think the country was just as divided under Clinton, when he was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.
    Look at the word 'divided' his approval rating is 49% (CNN's latest poll) thats pretty much divided if you ask me

-As for the UN, maybe in Europe it still has some legitimacy, but many Americans, such as myself, know that it is a corrupt, anti-semetic and anti-american institution.
    Anti-semitic, I assume your refering to the condemnation of the acts of Sharons government, thats not anti-semitism it has nothing to do with religion they would have condemned the acts if tehy had been commited by any government in the world and you will also find they condemn unaquivivically the suicide bombers in the region

The UN's oil for food scandle makes enron look like a joke. It must be the world's biggest financial scandle in history, but your biased media has likely given it little attention.
    Why would our media shy away from a scandal? "What have they got to benefit from this?

ReputationRep:
    The UN IS corrupt. Are you suggesting that the Oil For Food scandal never took place? I'm sure your unbiased BBC, that you are all so proud of, has had stellar coverage of it. Type in "oil for food scandal" in a google search. Or, to save time, just click on this link http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/I..._040420-1.html
    The BBC isn't our only source of media, there are papers who'd love to and do ridicule the UN at any opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    It was in an email forwarded round my office...it wasnt meant to be a succent argument just a bit of fun....looks like Bush fans are a little touchy...not getting nervous are you?
    you posted it on the debate forum, what do you expect?

ReputationRep:
    gore? gore should have won, and he threw it away.

ReputationRep:
    you posted it on the debate forum, what do you expect?
    sto? what? why does the fact that it is on a debate forum does it mean that Bush fans are getting nervous?

ReputationRep:
    gore? gore should have won, and he threw it away.
    would you have preferred Gore?

ReputationRep:
    Look at the word 'divided' his approval rating is 49% (CNN's latest poll) thats pretty much divided if you ask me
    the most divided? the first time two planes have been driven into the WTC in decades.

Anti-semitic, I assume your refering to the condemnation of the acts of Sharons government, thats not anti-semitism
    it is when the resolutions are drawn up and instigated by Syria, Jordan and Lebanon, are entirely one sided and then voted for by the Europeans (excluding Britain and occasionally Germany) who incidentally pay around 30million a year to the PA, who for some reason dwindle it all away on a pet project of theirs, cant think which though.....

it has nothing to do with religion they would have condemned the acts if tehy had been commited by any government in the world
    they dont seem to kick up such a fuss with the Palestinian Authority, who are actually appeasing and aiding terrorism.

and you will also find they condemn unaquivivically the suicide bombers in the region
    find me one resolution that treats Israel and Palestine with an equal hand.

Why would our media shy away from a scandal? "What have they got to benefit from this?
    tarnishes their argument against the US?

ReputationRep:
    sto? what? why does the fact that it is on a debate forum does it mean that Bush fans are getting nervous?
    nervous? sick of the tripe.

ReputationRep:
    Heres a timeline of the enron scandal
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...&notFound=true
    The scandals were taking place when Clinton was in office and only surfaced after Bush was elected. That link doesn't prove otherwise.

Where does it mention a single Bush accomplishment?
    It mentions almost none, which proves my point in my earlier post.

Some recent polls now show bush as being ahead. Even so, a poll does not mean the USA is more divided than it has been since the civil war. That's just an absurd statement.

Anti-semitic, I assume your refering to the condemnation of the acts of Sharons government, thats not anti-semitism it has nothing to do with religion they would have condemned the acts if tehy had been commited by any government in the world and you will also find they condemn unaquivivically the suicide bombers in the region
    We live in a world where we hear hate speach directed at Jews, see Jewish schools firebombed frequently, and synogues blown up. Despite this, only of prejudice against Muslims, Arabs and Islam were mentioned in an entire 2003 Commission resolution "combating defamation of religions". The UN was supposed to have been created because of what we all learned from the holocast. I have yet to see them address (seriously address) even one example of jewish people being victimized. Instead of focusing on human rights, Israel is always targeted. I believe it was in the last session that Israel was attacked for killing Sheikh Ahmed Yassin. Sheikh Ahmed Yassin the founder of Hamas!! Killing him was a good thing and Israel should be commended, not reprimanded, for targeting him.

Maybe not your media (I'm assuming you're a Brit). I think nothing will be mentioned in the media in countries like France. French politicians and businessmen (among others) have been heavily implicated in the Oil-for-Food scandal, which doesn't surprise me the least bit. Chirac was one of our greatest opponents of our goal of removing Saddam from power. His country benefitted economically from Saddam being in power.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.