Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting 1/2 marks on my evaluation. Any tips on how to gain full 5/6 marks please! Thank you!!

Questions are:
    -Justify your design decisions
    -Suggest further improvements
    And something else forgot lol think it was about target audience.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this exam next week! ^.^

I think you have to write quite a bit to get top marks. I would write about at least 3 design decisions. So for each paragraph I would say the design decision you made when creating the website, eg. using a bright colour scheme, then explain why you did it, eg. to make the theme of the website look exciting and lively.
    Then explain how this relates to your target audience/purpose, so your audience might be young children so you chose a lively colour scheme to appeal to them and grab their attention, so that they carry on browsing the website.
    Then explain what you could do to improve it, like I don't know, using a blue background instead of yellow, and then state why this would improve the user's experience, eg. the blue would make the user feel calm and peaceful and want to stay on the website (this is a terrible example, I know!).

Then do that at least twice more. Sometimes you have to act a bit dumb and state the obvious, and it's mostly 'bs'ing your way through it.I hope this helps a little!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaystrawberries)
    I'm doing this exam next week! ^.^

I think you have to write quite a bit to get top marks. I would write about at least 3 design decisions. So for each paragraph I would say the design decision you made when creating the website, eg. using a bright colour scheme, then explain why you did it, eg. to make the theme of the website look exciting and lively.
    Then explain how this relates to your target audience/purpose, so your audience might be young children so you chose a lively colour scheme to appeal to them and grab their attention, so that they carry on browsing the website.
    Then explain what you could do to improve it, like I don't know, using a blue background instead of yellow, and then state why this would improve the user's experience, eg. the blue would make the user feel calm and peaceful and want to stay on the website (this is a terrible example, I know!).

Then do that at least twice more. Sometimes you have to act a bit dumb and state the obvious, and it's mostly 'bs'ing your way through it.I hope this helps a little!
    Thank you so much! I will have to practise a lot as I'm getting 1-3 marks constantly.

ReputationRep:
    I find that when im struggling to achieve those mark its best too look at the mark scheme or examiners comments from past papers. That way you know how and what to cover and what mistakes other people have made! Your teacher should know where to find them if you don't.
    sometimes taking screen shots helps aswell!!!

Good Luck, i'm sure you will do fine. Do you know how many marks you need to get the grade you want??? My teacher made an spreadsheet that worked it out but i'm not sure if different schools have done the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtomicPlaty)
    I find that when im struggling to achieve those mark its best too look at the mark scheme or examiners comments from past papers. That way you know how and what to cover and what mistakes other people have made! Your teacher should know where to find them if you don't.
    sometimes taking screen shots helps aswell!!!

Good Luck, i'm sure you will do fine. Do you know how many marks you need to get the grade you want??? My teacher made an spreadsheet that worked it out but i'm not sure if different schools have done the same.
    Yes, thank you!
    My teacher made spread sheets and i've always got B and above.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.