Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've got exams in 3 weeks I think? Not sure how to revise for them, English language and health and social care specifically. My gcses are: health and social care, history, business, English, maths, Ict and science. Any tips and advice would be great thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Make Podcasts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do I make them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiriamSandhu)
    Make Podcasts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do I make them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can do so on your phone. I also use the voice feature on google translate. Im an auditory learner

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiriamSandhu)
    You can do so on your phone. I also use the voice feature on google translate. Im an auditory learner

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh same here, it's so annoying having to record the notes. Do you write what you remember after you finish listening?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think podcasts may help if you are willing to listen to it back afterwards and if you work best by listening to information. I think for science, if you have certain topics that you find difficult, you can see if there is video for it on youtube maybe. There's usually helpful stuff there. I like to make flashcards and just go over them again and again, you can see if that works for you. I just write notes for everything and memorise them. And also, try to understand the topic and not just memorise it because if you understand it, it will help you explain things in essays or exams better.

For maths you'll probably be better off doing past papers if you understand and know how to do all the topics. Just practise and mark them to see what you get wrong. You can revise the topics that you got wrong afterwards.

I think one of the best ways to revise (for me anyway) is to pretend you are teaching it to someone. So make notes on a certain topic, doesn't have to detailed, it can just be short points, then try to understand the topic and memorise it and then explain it to someone. When you're explaining it you're automatically making things clear in your mind and you'll remember it better.
    I don't know if this helps, I hope it did. You have a while for revision before exams so you should just start early.
    I am sure you'll do well, good luck (sorry if this is too long...hehe...)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetCupcakes)
    Yeah I think podcasts may help if you are willing to listen to it back afterwards and if you work best by listening to information. I think for science, if you have certain topics that you find difficult, you can see if there is video for it on youtube maybe. There's usually helpful stuff there. I like to make flashcards and just go over them again and again, you can see if that works for you. I just write notes for everything and memorise them. And also, try to understand the topic and not just memorise it because if you understand it, it will help you explain things in essays or exams better.

For maths you'll probably be better off doing past papers if you understand and know how to do all the topics. Just practise and mark them to see what you get wrong. You can revise the topics that you got wrong afterwards.

I think one of the best ways to revise (for me anyway) is to pretend you are teaching it to someone. So make notes on a certain topic, doesn't have to detailed, it can just be short points, then try to understand the topic and memorise it and then explain it to someone. When you're explaining it you're automatically making things clear in your mind and you'll remember it better.
    I don't know if this helps, I hope it did. You have a while for revision before exams so you should just start early.
    I am sure you'll do well, good luck (sorry if this is too long...hehe...)!
    This is great thank you!! Thanks for your advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodie_mort)
    This is great thank you!! Thanks for your advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're welcome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodie_mort)
    Oh same here, it's so annoying having to record the notes. Do you write what you remember after you finish listening?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I usually just listen to the podcasts, although writing down a short summary after would be a great strategy as you are testing yourself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.