Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Yh so I've always tried to improve myself physically, mentally and in general. I'm making a list of fears to overcome but don't know how to overcome it..

Public speaking
    Animals
    Want to talk in a medium speed not fast
    Contribute more in lessons
    Go bungee jumping
    Don't be afraid of asking questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yh so I've always tried to improve myself physically, mentally and in general. I'm making a list of fears to overcome but don't know how to overcome it..

Public speaking
    Animals
    Go bungee jumping
    Majority of those fears you'll only overcome by actually engaging in them tbh!

ReputationRep:
    Public speakijng : Do it regularly
    Animals: Interact with animals regularly
    Speed of speech: Conciously try to slow it down while talking to people, it will eventually become second nature if you do it long enough
    Contribute more to lessons: Improve confidence and read more into the subject
    Go Bungee Jumping: I guess go bungee jumping
    Questions: See contribution

It just seems like you need to improve your confidence. For me that came in time, but It can't hurt to do it yourself as well.

(Original post by Binary Freak)
    Majority of those fears you'll only overcome by actually engaging in them tbh!
    I know lol. I don't know where I can do public speaking .

(Original post by TercioOfParma)
    Public speakijng : Do it regularly
    Animals: Interact with animals regularly
    Speed of speech: Conciously try to slow it down while talking to people, it will eventually become second nature if you do it long enough
    Contribute more to lessons: Improve confidence and read more into the subject
    Go Bungee Jumping: I guess go bungee jumping
    Questions: See contribution

It just seems like you need to improve your confidence. For me that came in time, but It can't hurt to do it yourself as well.
    My confidence isn't bad like if I know the answer I'll contribute, but likewise if I'm not certain I'll be quiet. Also, I've noticed I only interact with my friends not with other people.

I think my grammar in writing also needs improving any advice?

What actually made me upset was I was sat in a table Alone & nobody bothered to sit next to me or talk... but once another girl was in my position people told her to come..

I want to overcome my fears before Uni. Basically within my last 7/8 weeks of College. Is it possible?

ReputationRep:
    I don't like bungee jumping, they always try to bite you.

(Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    I don't like bungee jumping, they always try to bite you.
    Ey?

ReputationRep:
    Ey?
    My bad thought it said budgie jumping

ReputationRep:

Public speaking
    Animals
    Go bungee jumping
    Just get out of your comfort zone. Whenever your telling yourself not to do something, it's usually because it's something unusual to you so you're scared to persist with it.

We can only give you advice on how to overcome your fears as it's impossible for us to literally take away the fear, unfortunately, it's only something you can do yourself, and trust me - when you take the steps to get over them it will feel so worth it.

Something little as talking to someone new everyday will boost your confidence, and worst case scenario you'll never see these people again so it won't matter if you mess up.

(Original post by Lucarious30)
    Just get out of your comfort zone. Whenever your telling yourself not to do something, it's usually because it's something unusual to you so you're scared to persist with it.

We can only give you advice on how to overcome your fears as it's impossible for us to literally take away the fear, unfortunately, it's only something you can do yourself, and trust me - when you take the steps to get over them it will feel so worth it.

Something little as talking to someone new everyday will boost your confidence, and worst case scenario you'll never see these people again so it won't matter if you mess up.
    True x I'm ganna make a list , and overcome it one at a time

Idk about public speaking talking infront of 100 people at a time

ReputationRep:
    I know lol. I don't know where I can do public speaking .

My confidence isn't bad like if I know the answer I'll contribute, but likewise if I'm not certain I'll be quiet. Also, I've noticed I only interact with my friends not with other people.

I think my grammar in writing also needs improving any advice?

What actually made me upset was I was sat in a table Alone & nobody bothered to sit next to me or talk... but once another girl was in my position people told her to come..

I want to overcome my fears before Uni. Basically within my last 7/8 weeks of College. Is it possible?
    I get you. I've been in that situation too, you know the social outcast situation. For me what helped the most was adopting a "**** the lot of you" mentality about it and focusing on where I wanted to be in the future.

I'm going to get a career in research and I'm going to make great contributions to our collective knowledge and technology. I will gladly kick aside anyone who stands between me and my goal and will endure any hardship to get there. Some obnoxious bullies are nothing in the face of my resolve and I refuse to be crushed under their blows. Those who dared to bully me will be forced to eat their words and acknowledge me once I achieve this.

Don't ever let idiots and their pathetic blanking tactics get you down. They're not worth the atoms they're made of.

(Original post by Peroxidation)
    I get you. I've been in that situation too, you know the social outcast situation. For me what helped the most was adopting a "**** the lot of you" mentality about it and focusing on where I wanted to be in the future.

I'm going to get a career in research and I'm going to make great contributions to our collective knowledge and technology. I will gladly kick aside anyone who stands between me and my goal and will endure any hardship to get there. Some obnoxious bullies are nothing in the face of my resolve and I refuse to be crushed under their blows. Those who dared to bully me will be forced to eat their words and acknowledge me once I achieve this.

Don't ever let idiots and their pathetic blanking tactics get you down. They're not worth the atoms they're made of.
    What's ironic is that the same guy initiates convro when we're alone 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    What's ironic is that the same guy initiates convro when we're alone 😂😂
    Lmao! I get that a lot too! :lol:

(Original post by Peroxidation)
    Lmao! I get that a lot too! :lol:
    I wonder why 😂
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I suggest you get yourself a copy of "Feel the fear, but do it anyway". It's a short book on this subject by Susan Jeffers, very common and you can pick a 2nd hand cop up for pennies.

(Original post by Lucarious30)

I can't think of what's out of my comfort zone apart from animals and public speaking sometimes

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 30, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.