Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know there are several posts on LSE vs. UCL but I can't seem to find one related to psychology.

I have a BA psychology from McGill University and I've received offers from both LSE and UCL
    the program in LSE is MSc Organizational and Social Psychology
    and the program in UCL is MSc Industrial/Organizational and Business Psychology

I'm not sure what to base my decision on, I know that UCL is ranked better in general, but I'm not sure whether it is stronger with regards to psychology. I also have never been to the UK, and I don't have info about the universities in terms of location, student life, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    UCL's psych department is great and I believe largest in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have gotten offers for exactly the same courses and I am finding it difficult to choose. Do you have any tips now that you have made your decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GAF94)
    I know there are several posts on LSE vs. UCL but I can't seem to find one related to psychology.

I have a BA psychology from McGill University and I've received offers from both LSE and UCL
    the program in LSE is MSc Organizational and Social Psychology
    and the program in UCL is MSc Industrial/Organizational and Business Psychology

I'm not sure what to base my decision on, I know that UCL is ranked better in general, but I'm not sure whether it is stronger with regards to psychology. I also have never been to the UK, and I don't have info about the universities in terms of location, student life, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!!
    UCL is better than LSE in terms of faculty and course structure. But remember one thing that courses at both the universities aren't accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS)?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'be applied for the same courses as you for 2018/19. Can I know what your requirement was? And what your profile was? I have a 2:1 in psychology Bsc from the university of Warwick but it's just 64% and I'm not sure if that's going to be enough. Freaking out a little.Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DTC9)
    Hi I'be applied for the same courses as you for 2018/19. Can I know what your requirement was? And what your profile was? I have a 2:1 in psychology Bsc from the university of Warwick but it's just 64% and I'm not sure if that's going to be enough. Freaking out a little.Thanks xx
    same! ive applied for these, have you heard back from them?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.