Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello Guys,

I have got a conditional offer for Data Science at City. I researched about the course and also some other threads on this forum, but I still have some questions. I wanted to know how many days/hours a week are the lectures? As I will be living outside London due to the insane rent prices and dont mind commuting 2-3 days a week.

Also, I wanted to know how difficult is the course? I am from an engineering background in the UK but don't want to be stuck in very high level programming in the course.

I would appreciate if you could shed some light and let me know if you are also looking forward to join City for the same course in September/Oct 2016.

Many Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got an unconditional for City and don't have a programming background although I have learnt some Python and Javascript in my job roles. Are you full time or part time?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I also hold an offer for City Msc in Data Science...I have several programming background (c/c++ and sql, some Java) since I work as a IT consultant. I have the same questions about the timetable of the master since there isn't too much información at the website...

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I spoke to an admin at City and they told me for full time, classes are held two full days a week, (I think at the moment it is on Wednesday and Fridays- subject to change days). Part time it is held one full day a week.

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    I also have a conditional offer (condition fulfilled now, just need to send the transcript). I am Software Engineering graduate.
    I am also considering Queen Mary.....

ReputationRep:
    Nice, what do you think of Queen Marys course?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. It is a good course. Predominantly C++ and a bit of R or Matlab. However, I have not found Queen Marry as open as I did City. Their website is much better now, and there is more information, but a month ago there was much less to go on. How do you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!
    Do you know something about the timetable, or at least the start date of the Msc in Data Science at City? I amb a little bit worried because I haven't heard anything from the uni since I accepted the offer.

I would like to ask another question (hope somebody could answer). The company where I work has offered me to work with in London. Do you know if it is possible to work and study (full time), "without dying in the attempt"? I think that maybe the amount of work I'll have will be too much... What do you think?

Well, thats all! Enjoy summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelenaFab)
    Hi all!
    Do you know something about the timetable, or at least the start date of the Msc in Data Science at City? I amb a little bit worried because I haven't heard anything from the uni since I accepted the offer.

I would like to ask another question (hope somebody could answer). The company where I work has offered me to work with in London. Do you know if it is possible to work and study (full time), "without dying in the attempt"? I think that maybe the amount of work I'll have will be too much... What do you think?

I spoke to someone in the admin department as I too wondered whether there was anymore information. I was told more info will arrive in August.

ReputationRep:
    Hello to everybody. I believe you can check the timetable here. Just choose programme from the left menu, type "data science" in the search box and choose below the timetable you want to see (autumn, summer)

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Are you doing it full time ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakeelraja)
    Are you doing it full time ??
    Yes, and you? 😀

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and you? 😀
    Yeah im on the full time course as well .. Starting later this month I'm actually taking a break from my career to do this. Excited , nervous , hopefull .. Bit of everything really. u should be able to do it with your job if you're committed enough. and if your schedule allows it.

ReputationRep:
    HI How was your degree program went last year in City university. I am planning to start this year. You information will be helpful.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.