The Student Room Group

Older guys...

Idk if this is weird or what. But I'm just always seem to be into guys older than me. Like none of the guys my age never appealed. Like when it comes to the maturity or the overall vibe you see. And by older I don't mean like 20 year old age gap. More like from 2 years to 8/9 years older than me. I never get attracted to anything below that. Ever. No matter how handsome they are or anything I'm never into them. :/ I'm just a wee bit worried. Like my friends keep joking how I never date people my age and stuff...
Can anyone relate or nay?
I'm 19 and my bf is 25..does that seem okay tho?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Idk if this is weird or what. But I'm just always seem to be into guys older than me. Like none of the guys my age never appealed. Like when it comes to the maturity or the overall vibe you see. And by older I don't mean like 20 year old age gap. More like from 2 years to 8/9 years older than me. I never get attracted to anything below that. Ever. No matter how handsome they are or anything I'm never into them. :/ I'm just a wee bit worried. Like my friends keep joking how I never date people my age and stuff...

I think that's normal, tbh :tongue:
19- 25 that's cringe not on your part but his. Once you're in your 20s you shouldn't date teenagers. I would think that there's something wrong with him.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

I think so.
My parents have 12 years difference.
When they met my mum was 20
Original post by xobeauty
19- 25 that's cringe not on your part but his. Once you're in your 20s you shouldn't date teenagers. I would think that there's something wrong with him.

Agreed, I dont know you or your relationship, but I think he is looking for young p*ssy.
I'm not into guys my age either. Nobody in my cohort at university/school appeals. I think it's normal, seems okay to me.
I understand you! My boyfriend is also 25 (I'm 18). I feel the same way, as if the guys my age aren't mature enough, or that a lot of them just want sex but I want something more than that, something that's 'real'. I don't want to generalise though, obviously. There are 18/19 year old guys who don't just want sex but there's just something about older guys.
Original post by cosmic angel
My parents have a 10 year age gap between them. She was thirty when he married her, it doesn't make him a creep. That's kind of extreme.

30 is different
Reply 8

The girl can also make the first move.
Original post by Josb
The girl can also make the first move.

Like a young girl hitting on an older man?
Reply 10
Like a young girl hitting on an older man?

In this situation, OP is 19 and her boyfriend is 25. It doesn't look impossible. We're not speaking of a "young girl" of 15yo hitting on a 40yo guy.

Why not?
I generally only find guys at least two years older than me or more attractive.

(Though I'm only 17.)

Yep, that's normal.
Original post by Josb
In this situation, OP is 19 and her boyfriend is 25. It doesn't look impossible. We're not speaking of a "young girl" of 15yo hitting on a 40yo guy.

What if a 25 year old girl was dating a 19 year old boy. Its weird, it's not ok.
What if a 25 year old girl was dating a 19 year old boy. Its weird, it's not ok.

yes it is.
It's quite normal. Tbh, I think girls mentally mature quicker than guys, so that probably plays a part. (Just don't be going for older guys when you're under 18)
Reply 16

I would have happily dated a 25yo girl at 19.
Original post by Josb
I would have happily dated a 25yo girl at 19.

What did you have at 19 years old?
What were your accomplishments by then
Reply 18

My age.

Lol what?

There is nothing wrong with that age gap, in fact it sounds quite ideal in my opinion :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending