Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want to get into a good university for law but i took 2 years out to work after doing a diploma in computer engineering( i did quite well . 3.94 GPA out of 4) . My contract with my present employer only ends in November. I did not do A levels but is there a pathway which would lead me to getting a law degree at a top university ?
    I was pondering on a foundation in law but was given to understand that not many qualify to enter the undergraduate law program even after doing foundation in law. Is there any truth to this?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mysterylover)
    I really want to get into a good university for law but i took 2 years out to work after doing a diploma in computer engineering( i did quite well . 3.94 GPA out of 4) . My contract with my present employer only ends in November. I did not do A levels but is there a pathway which would lead me to getting a law degree at a top university ?
    I was pondering on a foundation in law but was given to understand that not many qualify to enter the undergraduate law program even after doing foundation in law. Is there any truth to this?
    Hi

I've moved this to the Legal careers forum for you where hopefully someone will be able to help.

It might be useful to explain what country you've studied in previously (GPA isn't common in the UK) and what sort of career you're hoping to get into.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    When I looked at foundation law it was overhwelmingly colleges that offered this route. Having looked again there are some unis which offer a 4 year law course with a foundation year. Durham, Nottingham, Birmingham. Your best bet is to go to the web page of the uni you are interested in and check to see what degrees they offer, be it just a straigh foundation year or a 4 year law degree. General foundation eyars can offer you a good chance of geting onto a law course, but no guarantee. Obviously a 4 year law course means its a guarantee. Law courses are competitive to get on, so be prepared. Durham was based on LNAT.

You are going to have to do some research.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you PQ for helping me move and to 999tigger for responding .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.