Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I need help in choosing which university is suitable for me and would give me best exposure.
    I have got offer letters from Queen Mary, Brunel and Starthclyde universities for marketing courses.
    I know Strathclyde is the better Uni but it is in Glasgow, as I am international student I don't know much about it and have been told that it is nt that vibrant of an area as compared to London of course and might be too cold for me.
    Then my options are Queen Mary and Brunel. I have seen Queen Mary ranked better overall but for management and marketing courses Brunel is just a little higher. I have refrred QS and CUG ranking mostly.
    I am also waiting for a response from Lancaster and Loughborough. But they are outside of London and I've got many questions about living outside of London also.
    So my dilema right now (assuming I get accepted into Lancaster and Loughborough also) is to decide between Brunel vs Queen Mary vs Strathclyde vs Lancaster vs Loughborough.
    If anyone can help me out please let me know.

ReputationRep:
    If you are an international student I would go for the London one (Queen Mary) purely on the basis that it's the capital city, lots to do, and lots more opportunities. Is there a particular reason why two of your choices are Scottish? Not saying there's anything wrong with them - just seemed a bit odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maridonna)
    If you are an international student I would go for the London one (Queen Mary) purely on the basis that it's the capital city, lots to do, and lots more opportunities. Is there a particular reason why two of your choices are Scottish? Not saying there's anything wrong with them - just seemed a bit odd.
    Thank you for helping me out a bit.
    No particular reason i just applied because i saw they were good universities and I met the entry criteria's for them.
    What about Brunel which is also in London?
    Is it better or worse than QMUL?

ReputationRep:
    No idea about the individual courses but Brunel isn't really in London. It's in Uxbridge, which is a good one-hour-plus away. QM is much much more central. There's nothing wrong with Uxbridge as a place, but you should be aware that it's nowhere near the centre of town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maridonna)
    No idea about the individual courses but Brunel isn't really in London. It's in Uxbridge, which is a good one-hour-plus away. QM is much much more central. There's nothing wrong with Uxbridge as a place, but you should be aware that it's nowhere near the centre of town.
    Yeah I'm aware of that Brunel is in West London near the airport. I guess its close enough and also might not have the some problems that sometimes big cities bring like cost of living etc.

Let me know if you know which one you think might be better suited for my course and needs.

ReputationRep:
    "Update"
    Got an offer letter from Lancaster university also.
    Should I drop everywhere and go for it?

ReputationRep:
    Hello Guyz,
    I right now have offer letter from
    Lancaster University
    Loughborough University
    Strathclyde University
    Brunel University London
    Queen Mary University Of London (Pending)
    Which one should I go for?
    Anyone here is also considering the same Uni's please let me know

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.