Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically, at the start of the year I was given a maintenance loan and grant allowance. However, due to me receiving some help in paying for my rent off the council due to being a care leaver, I haven't spent any of the loan or grant (I have always been like this and feel bad for spending money so I save every last penny I can). Therefore, any money I have spent of my student loan I always put back in as soon as possible, leaving me with 8 grand in the bank in my first year. I was wondering instead of applying for student finance next year is it wise to live off of my savings I acquired this year, which equals less debt? I feel as though it's unfair to borrow more money than I need, I'm doing a social work degree at the moment. Shall I not apply for any help off student finance next year at all, or maybe a small grand loan incase I ever get stuck or something happens? I have posted on another thread about this and got nothing but stick off people, I don't go out spending all my money like students are known for, I'm a really big saver so no negative comments please!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.