Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't know where I belong? Moved out but don't belong... Watch

Hey all, I just moved out about two weeks ago, and I'm struggling to adjust. I like the fact I live near a big city, but I get uneasy about the fact it's s built up area, congested, very diverse and there is no green big open spaces.

I decided to go home to see my mother because my partner was going to mine and stoping over while attending an appointment in the area. I decided to go last minute to surprise my mother. When I got there instantly felt nostalgic, missed the good ol' Yorkshire countryside!

Anyhow, saw my mum and while she was pleased to see me, I went upstairs and she's cleaned out and gutted what was my bedroom, there's hardly anything in there. I felt somewhat sad because it doesn't feel like my room, I don't belong here. She's taken my telly too, and has it in her room.

I feel a bit like I'm not the same guy I used to be. I don't wanna let go of that, at same time because of my room looking different I feel like I can't go back. At same time I don't feel confident with the new me, only been here two weeks, still adjusting to city life.

I feel a rocky sense of self. What can I do?

ReputationRep:
    Why did you move away?

Ignore if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Why did you move away?
    Moved away for the employment opportunities a big city would give me. Although, its proving even more harder to get work here too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.