The Student Room Group

Government and Politics A2 Unit 3C & Unit 4C June 2016 predictions

Hi, does anybody have any type of predictions for the upcoming Politics A2 exam based on the Units of 3C and 4C? Any topics you think could more likely appear on these papers would be great! Thanks!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by evie.123
Hi, does anybody have any type of predictions for the upcoming Politics A2 exam based on the Units of 3C and 4C? Any topics you think could more likely appear on these papers would be great! Thanks!!

Thanks for making this thread OP! I've added it to the Exam Directory Mega-Thread, which you can find here. Good luck with your exams!
Reply 3
Thank you!
Something has to come up on primaries and the nomination process for 3C I think.

For 4C I was thinking something about SCJ nominations due to Scalia's death
Reply 5
Hello guys, i'm just messaging for Government and politics 3c + 4c , to ask if anyone or their teacher has made any predictions, PLEASE let me know :smile: ! Also, what topics do people like? In my opinion, political parties is a bit, meh ... To write a full 15 marker or 45 marker purely on e.g social conservatism is boring... Nevertheless, pressure groups is beautiful :biggrin:! Anyways, any predictions or revision tips, please share them and I will do the same whenever I find any materials :smile: Thank you.
Reply 6
HI there
im sitting the F856 paper OCR Gov and politics in June?
and tips and predictions on what might come up?
im really nervous.
also i got an A in AS overall, what grade do i need to get an A at A2 roughly?
My teacher has sort of drilled it into us to go into the exam prepped with a plan for 'Why did Trump win the 2016 election?' for the Elections 45 marks
Reply 8
Original post by MaryCullen
My teacher has sort of drilled it into us to go into the exam prepped with a plan for 'Why did Trump win the 2016 election?' for the Elections 45 marks

Your teacher is quite braindead then, because Trump's win was many months after the papers were created. Unless edexcel can read the future, I don't think it'll come up as specific as that.
Original post by Foji
Your teacher is quite braindead then, because Trump's win was many months after the papers were created. Unless edexcel can read the future, I don't think it'll come up as specific as that.

LOL there goes my A-level then
Reply 10
LOL there goes my A-level then

Lool still remember the points, because a 15 marker could come up as 'what affects presidential campaigns' and many of trump's unique characteristics or actions can be mentioned for great a01 and a02.
Ok not being funny but none of my teachers have said anything about the AOs... what are they?
Reply 12
Ok not being funny but none of my teachers have said anything about the AOs... what are they?

OMG same...what????
Original post by sxashx
OMG same...what????

I am so screwed lol
2017 predictions

Unit 3 Globalisation, State sovereignty, whether the world is multipolar?, the Bretton Woods agreements and maybe whether the EU is no longer a model/failing.
Unit 4 - Terrorism may come up this year. Lots of current examples and follow the debate around Corbyn’s speech. Human rights, poverty and development - views of development, new wars, reformist views of global environmental issues, measuring poverty, terrorism failing, climate change, international regimes and human rights
Mr Patel (the A Level twitter guys predictions) he was pretty much spot on last years exam paper
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by lucyarmstrong98
2017 predictions

Unit 3 Globalisation, State sovereignty, whether the world is multipolar?, the Bretton Woods agreements and maybe whether the EU is no longer a model/failing.
Unit 4 - Terrorism may come up this year. Lots of current examples and follow the debate around Corbyn’s speech. Human rights, poverty and development - views of development, new wars, reformist views of global environmental issues, measuring poverty, terrorism failing, climate change, international regimes and human rights
Mr Patel (the A Level twitter guys predictions) he was pretty much spot on last years exam paper

That's not Unit 3c or Unit 4c is it? Delet dis.
Reply 16
as someone who got an A in both 3c and 4c papers last year, literally just prepare every single past paper question (apart from last year's) and have recent examples (you guys are lucky with all the trump stuff). The scumbag exam boards re-use questions and there tends to be a pattern too in what section each topic comes up. good luck
Reply 17
Guys, the 4c june 13 paper has a 15 mark about 'Judicial review'. I completely understand the concept, it's a power self-given by the supreme court which allows them to strike the actions or legislation from the other branches. However, the mark scheme argues you can strike social policy? How does that make sense? The scotus voting on obergefell vs hodges on legalizing gay marriage, is that judicial review? Someone please help.
Original post by Pato1
as someone who got an A in both 3c and 4c papers last year, literally just prepare every single past paper question (apart from last year's) and have recent examples (you guys are lucky with all the trump stuff). The scumbag exam boards re-use questions and there tends to be a pattern too in what section each topic comes up. good luck

Honestly... I can't be bothered to prepare an answer for every single past paper question. There are so many. I'll heed your advice and give it a go though.
Any tips then? On the "tends to be a pattern"... what's the pattern?

Original post by Foji
Guys, the 4c june 13 paper has a 15 mark about 'Judicial review'. I completely understand the concept, it's a power self-given by the supreme court which allows them to strike the actions or legislation from the other branches. However, the mark scheme argues you can strike social policy? How does that make sense? The scotus voting on obergefell vs hodges on legalizing gay marriage, is that judicial review? Someone please help.

Judicial review is a "review by the Supreme Court of the constitutional validity of a legislative act." It's basically them interpreting the constitution to see if the case brought to the Court is valid/not valid. So yeah I guess it is judicial review. Perhaps I misunderstand the definition though
How are we supposed to involve British politics in Unit 3C? I know the textbook includes comparisons of each country but I have no idea how we're actually supposed to incorporate it

Quick Reply

Latest