The Student Room Group

Does this combination work for Edexcel

C1-4 D1-2 for Maths A*
FM FP1-3 M1-2 and S4 already have 3 A* modules so need 5 UMS or soemthing in S4.
AFM M3-5 S1-3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by physicsmaths
C1-4 D1-2 for Maths A*
FM FP1-3 M1-2 and S4 already have 3 A* modules so need 5 UMS or soemthing in S4.
AFM M3-5 S1-3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks fine, but won't Edexcel optimise your module ordering anyway?
C1-4 D1-2 for Maths A*
AFM M3-5 S1-3 for A* hopefully.
Will this combination work?
I got the M and FM A*s last year so will they be unlocked automatically and switched up for best 3 grades or will my M3-5 S3-4 D1-2 just go into AFM with M3 back into M or FM, or do I have to ask for the qualifications to be unlocked and switched up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just for anyone else here are the required modules for each qualification

Original post by Zacken
Looks fine, but won't Edexcel optimise your module ordering anyway?

Oh ok, i didn't know but will Maths and FM be unlocked automatically since the A*s were done last year and then they sort it?
Reply 5
Oh ok, i didn't know but will Maths and FM be unlocked automatically since the A*s were done last year and then they sort it?

They will be unlocked if you "cash them in" again, your exam officer should be able to sort that out. More than likely, they know what they're doing and have cashed them in for you, but you might want to ring them up and make sure that they have.
Original post by Zacken
They will be unlocked if you "cash them in" again, your exam officer should be able to sort that out. More than likely, they know what they're doing and have cashed them in for you, but you might want to ring them up and make sure that they have.

Ah ok but I am redoing M3 so a 7th module will be pulled out of FM to be resat so that should do it right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Ah ok but I am redoing M3 so a 7th module will be pulled out of FM to be resat so that should do it right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it should do, but never hurts to be careful ygm fam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes blud

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Reply 10
C1-4 D1-2 for Maths A*
I got the M and FM A*s last year so will they be unlocked automatically and switched up for best 3 grades or will my M3-5 S3-4 D1-2 just go into AFM with M3 back into M or FM, or do I have to ask for the qualifications to be unlocked and switched up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I am aware, for the units that you want to be taken out and reshuffled, you would have to ask for them to be recashed in or something like that. It's best to communicate what you want to happen with your exams officer and they can sort it out (if they have experience with Further Maths or AFM then great, if not then you may have to explain what you want as my school got it wrong for someone doing Further Maths on their own).
C1-4 D1-2 for Maths A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

For safety, I would ask your exams officer to re-cash in everything. It doesn't cost anything.
The codes for Maths are 8371 and 9371. For FM they are 8372 and 9372. AFM is 9374.
Original post by tiny hobbit
For safety, I would ask your exams officer to re-cash in everything. It doesn't cost anything.
The codes for Maths are 8371 and 9371. For FM they are 8372 and 9372. AFM is 9374.

Thanks a lot!
Ok so i give all those codes to them or any of those combinations will work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks a lot!
Ok so i give all those codes to them or any of those combinations will work?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They need to be cashing in all of those codes for safety.
Hey

Could someone explain how the whole cash in/ lock thing works? I am doing 9 (6AS 3A2) modules this year and the remaining 9 next year (9A2)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Themathgeek
Hey

Could someone explain how the whole cash in/ lock thing works? I am doing 9 (6AS 3A2) modules this year and the remaining 9 next year (9A2)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically edexcel can reorder modules to make them get overall the best possible combinations but if locked from the year before they will only work wiht what they have so unlocking gives more modules to mess around with and extra UMS in most cases especially since you are doing 9 each year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically edexcel can reorder modules to make them get overall the best possible combinations but if locked from the year before they will only work wiht what they have so unlocking gives more modules to mess around with and extra UMS in most cases especially since you are doing 9 each year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah i see, I thought they all got reordered anyways so you automatically got the 6 best (inc c1-4) in normal, then the next six best (inc fp1 and fp2/3) in further and then the remaining 6 in add further?

All i know is my school uncash them all and cash them in again next year

Oh well , just aim for the 100% in them all hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Themathgeek
Ah i see, I thought they all got reordered anyways so you automatically got the 6 best (inc c1-4) in normal, then the next six best (inc fp1 and fp2/3) in further and then the remaining 6 in add further?

All i know is my school uncash them all and cash them in again next year

Oh well , just aim for the 100% in them all hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yesh, that's what'll happen since your school recashes them all in.

Quick Reply

Latest