History AQA 15 Mark Questions on Vietnam War

Watch
DienBienPhu
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am currently making a table of all possible 15 mark questions for Vietnam and what I could write in them. However, there are two questions that I am not entirely sure I could put in-

"The USA won the Tet Offensive".
How far do you agree with this interpretation? Explain your answer.
(For this so far, I have 'military success (big blow for VC)', 'Psychological blow for US' and 'turning point in war'.)

“The USA fought a high-tech conventional war; the Vietcong fought a low-tech guerrilla war.”
How far do you agree with this interpretation? Explain your answer.
(For this I have put 'Chemical Weaponry', 'Bombing',and 'winning hearts and minds of the people'.)

If anyone has any suggestions please do let me know!
Thanks!
sulaimanali
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Good idea! I'm doing a similar thing..

1) Why it was a success:

(Your point, and..) .. there was support for US from the SV people who didn't rise to support the NV troops.

CA:

US was spending $20 billion a year on the VW. The US embassy was attempted to be captured in Saigon. Viet Cong had a large scale attack. Media coverage made people back home less enthusiastic.
sulaimanali
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
2) For the VC side..you could say the use of Booby traps, ambush (hit-and-run), 'clinging to the belt'..tunnels
DienBienPhu
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by sulaimanali)
Good idea! I'm doing a similar thing..

1) Why it was a success:

(Your point, and..) .. there was support for US from the SV people who didn't rise to support the NV troops.

CA:

US was spending $20 billion a year on the VW. The US embassy was attempted to be captured in Saigon. Viet Cong had a large scale attack. Media coverage made people back home less enthusiastic.
Thank you soooo much!!
This is really useful.
sulaimanali
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.33%
Okay (64)
29.63%
A bit lacking (81)
37.5%
Not good at all (53)
24.54%

Watched Threads