Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently making a table of all possible 15 mark questions for Vietnam and what I could write in them. However, there are two questions that I am not entirely sure I could put in-

"The USA won the Tet Offensive".
    How far do you agree with this interpretation? Explain your answer.
    (For this so far, I have 'military success (big blow for VC)', 'Psychological blow for US' and 'turning point in war'.)

“The USA fought a high-tech conventional war; the Vietcong fought a low-tech guerrilla war.”
    How far do you agree with this interpretation? Explain your answer.
    (For this I have put 'Chemical Weaponry', 'Bombing',and 'winning hearts and minds of the people'.)

If anyone has any suggestions please do let me know!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Good idea! I'm doing a similar thing..

1) Why it was a success:

(Your point, and..) .. there was support for US from the SV people who didn't rise to support the NV troops.

CA:

US was spending $20 billion a year on the VW. The US embassy was attempted to be captured in Saigon. Viet Cong had a large scale attack. Media coverage made people back home less enthusiastic.

ReputationRep:
    2) For the VC side..you could say the use of Booby traps, ambush (hit-and-run), 'clinging to the belt'..tunnels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    Good idea! I'm doing a similar thing..

1) Why it was a success:

(Your point, and..) .. there was support for US from the SV people who didn't rise to support the NV troops.

CA:

US was spending $20 billion a year on the VW. The US embassy was attempted to be captured in Saigon. Viet Cong had a large scale attack. Media coverage made people back home less enthusiastic.
    Thank you soooo much!!
    This is really useful.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.