Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are my rights? Should I be annoyed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so my boyfriend and I have been together for just over a year. We have a good relationship with each other and we don't talk to other guys or girls or nothing. He is very loyal to me as it seems. I never really check his phone, he is more paranoid about me talking to other guys than I am about him.

He's very jealous and protective over me and always says he would never cheat on me or nothing. So anyway, his boss asked him if he would be able to pick up his 17 year old daughter one morning and take her to work as its on the way. My boyfriend agreed to it and I was a little annoyed at this. He then told me that it wasn't going to be just once and that he was going to be doing it a lot. Pretty much a few times a week picking her up from home and taking her to work. He doesn't know this girl very well but went to school with her and I know who she is and she's absolutely stunning. I don't know how to feel about this.

I often stay at his house through the week and some mornings he drops me off. I really wasn't happy about it and confronted him about it all and he said it's fine and he was annoyed at me about being paranoid for nothing. Saying that it's only a lift to work.. But now he has stopped having me round to stay at night.

He hasn't been round my house in over two months. Now all of a sudden he wants to come round my house so that he doesn't have to have me staying so that when he goes and picks this girl up the next day it's only the two of them. It's like he doesn't want me to be there even though I normally would be as I am there near enough every morning. He never has enough time in the mornings to even get to work and now he's saying he is going to be getting up earlier etc just so he can pick this girl up. Can she not get the bus?

His boss has a car but decides to walk to work.. Can't his daughter walk with him? I think his boss is expecting too much and I have told my boyfriend that I'm really not happy about it as its just making me feel insecure and thinking about it and he isn't willing to do anything. He just says he has to do it as his boss does him favours too and that it's only a lift. But it seems like he is going completely out of his way for this girl as if he WANTS to be seeing her in the mornings etc. I'm worried it turns into more than this?

What can I do. I told him to just tell his boss he couldn't do it... And he said he wouldn't so I kind of gave him the ultimatum and he just said I'm pathetic and that he is going to be doing it whether I like it or not.

Any answers please?

ReputationRep:
    That's really strange.

I'm surprised his boss asked him to drop his daughter to work. Are him and your bf close?

Ideally, he might just be doing it so he looks good in front of his boss.

Realistically, he might be doing it so he looks good in front of the daughter, he might fancy her?

If you don't trust him just end it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotlikestyles)

What can I do. I told him to just tell his boss he couldn't do it... And he said he wouldn't so I kind of gave him the ultimatum and he just said I'm pathetic and that he is going to be doing it whether I like it or not.

Any answers please?
    Just break up, childish relationships where you're both untrusting, paranoid, jealous, "don't talk to other guys or girls or nothing" are absolutely a waste of time.
    You both need to grow up first.
    Ultimatums are pathetic.

Irrelevant if boss is expecting too much, you're getting jealous because he's doing his boss a favour?
    If he 'fancies' someone else or her, big deal. He's going to whether you like it or not. It's his job not to do anything about it, if you can't trust that, don't bother. If he wants to pursue something with someone else, big deal, break up and move on. Trying to stop him doing something that could be innocent is only a means for resentment, and won't stop anything happening.

People should be able to do what they want, have their own lives, interact with whoever they want in relationships. Possessive, controlling people in relationships are bad.
    Just end it, mature properly, then start dating again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    That's really strange.

I'm surprised his boss asked him to drop his daughter to work. Are him and your bf close?

Ideally, he might just be doing it so he looks good in front of his boss.

Realistically, he might be doing it so he looks good in front of the daughter, he might fancy her?

If you don't trust him just end it?
    No they aren't even that close. He hasn't even worked there that long. I don't know why he would even want to do it for the girl. I'm saying I'm upset about it and he's not even willing to put my happiness before anyone else's.
    Just says he has to do it because he owes his boss a favour, but when it's going to be going on for months.. I don't really think that's just a favour. Becomes strange. I don't get it. I'm close to just saying whatever and doing what I wanna do if he's not gonna take it seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotlikestyles)
    Okay so my boyfriend and I have been together for just over a year. We have a good relationship with each other and we don't talk to other guys or girls or nothing. He is very loyal to me as it seems. I never really check his phone, he is more paranoid about me talking to other guys than I am about him.

He's very jealous and protective over me and always says he would never cheat on me or nothing. So anyway, his boss asked him if he would be able to pick up his 17 year old daughter one morning and take her to work as its on the way. My boyfriend agreed to it and I was a little annoyed at this. He then told me that it wasn't going to be just once and that he was going to be doing it a lot. Pretty much a few times a week picking her up from home and taking her to work. He doesn't know this girl very well but went to school with her and I know who she is and she's absolutely stunning. I don't know how to feel about this.

I often stay at his house through the week and some mornings he drops me off. I really wasn't happy about it and confronted him about it all and he said it's fine and he was annoyed at me about being paranoid for nothing. Saying that it's only a lift to work.. But now he has stopped having me round to stay at night.

He hasn't been round my house in over two months. Now all of a sudden he wants to come round my house so that he doesn't have to have me staying so that when he goes and picks this girl up the next day it's only the two of them. It's like he doesn't want me to be there even though I normally would be as I am there near enough every morning. He never has enough time in the mornings to even get to work and now he's saying he is going to be getting up earlier etc just so he can pick this girl up. Can she not get the bus?

His boss has a car but decides to walk to work.. Can't his daughter walk with him? I think his boss is expecting too much and I have told my boyfriend that I'm really not happy about it as its just making me feel insecure and thinking about it and he isn't willing to do anything. He just says he has to do it as his boss does him favours too and that it's only a lift. But it seems like he is going completely out of his way for this girl as if he WANTS to be seeing her in the mornings etc. I'm worried it turns into more than this?

Any answers please?
    Hmmm. She's 17 legal but not 18. If he's going out of his way over his gf, then I'd say perhaps there's more to it. Why not have you there to stay as you used to?

Ask him and let him choose. You or this girl. His boss might not be as demanding as he makes out to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.