Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,if i got a B (1 mark off an A) for geography aqa coursework, could i get an A* overall as the exam is worth 75% and i am much stronger in an exam situation.(GCSE)

ReputationRep:
    From what I understand, you need an A* in all A2 units to get an A*...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    From what I understand, you need an A* in all A2 units to get an A*...

Sorry i forgot to say it is for gcse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annonymous098)
    Sorry i forgot to say it is for gcse
    Oh, sorry. I should've noticed that this is in the GCSE section

Use the UMS grade boundaries for your exam board to calculate how many marks you need in the exam to get the A*. You will have to convert your raw mark from the coursework into UMS. You can search for the raw mark to ums converter on your exam board's website

ReputationRep:
    Oh, sorry. I should've noticed that this is in the GCSE section

Use the UMS grade boundaries for your exam board to calculate how many marks you need in the exam to get the A*. You will have to convert your raw mark from the coursework into UMS. You can search for the raw mark to ums converter on your exam board's website
    Alright thank you very much ill do that right now. Its just because i am feeling a bit deflated after that score as i have never got below an A in coursework

ReputationRep:
    Alright thank you very much ill do that right now. Its just because i am feeling a bit deflated after that score as i have never got below an A in coursework
    Don't be too upset. Make sure you smash the exam so you can get those extra ums marks to get the A*. If the exam is worth 75% then I am sure if you do very well in the exam you'll get it. Do check the UMS grade boundaries so you can see exactly where you stand.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be too upset. Make sure you smash the exam so you can get those extra ums marks to get the A*. If the exam is worth 75% then I am sure if you do very well in the exam you'll get it. Do check the UMS grade boundaries so you can see exactly where you stand.
    Thanks for the motivation😄 I just need to get over 90% in boths exams - its atight squeeze but ill try my best!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the motivation😄 I just need to get over 90% in boths exams - its atight squeeze but ill try my best!
    Good luck

Hi,if i got a B (1 mark off an A) for geography aqa coursework, could i get an A* overall as the exam is worth 75% and i am much stronger in an exam situation.(GCSE)
    Hi

You'll have to check UMS grade boundaries and you should be able to see if it's really possible. You could also ask your teacher to explain this. I got an A in my Geography coursework and I'm sitting the foundation paper as I'm quite good with things like coursework. However, luckily I'm a bit safer now and more likely to pass with a C at least.

Good luck!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.