Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am Irish and moving to London in September to do a MA in Television Journalism in City University of London. I have a few questions regarding the loan:

- Can I apply for the loan even though I do not have a UK bank acccount yet? (I cannot open one until I am in the UK in September)?

- How do I prove that I was living in the UK on the first day of the academic year (i.e. 1st September 2016) if that is the day i moved over?

- On the government website it states that EU students MAY be able to apply. Will this depend on the brexit referendum?

Thank you for your help!

Bob
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bob l'Eponge)
    Hi,

I am Irish and moving to London in September to do a MA in Television Journalism in City University of London. I have a few questions regarding the loan:

- Can I apply for the loan even though I do not have a UK bank acccount yet? (I cannot open one until I am in the UK in September)?

- How do I prove that I was living in the UK on the first day of the academic year (i.e. 1st September 2016) if that is the day i moved over?

- On the government website it states that EU students MAY be able to apply. Will this depend on the brexit referendum?

Thank you for your help!

Bob
    Hi Bob l’Eponge,

1. Yes – you will be able to apply for a Postgraduate Loan before you open your UK bank account. You can update your bank details at a later date.

2. When filling in your application, you'll need to tell us your address history for the three years prior to the start of your course. As you will not be living in London until the first day of the academic year we will ask you to send us proof of residency, this can be travel documents or rental agreements.

3. EU students are eligible to apply for a Postgraduate Loan; there has been no change in EU eligibility in regards to the upcoming referendum.

Thanks and good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.