The Student Room Group

Electronic Engineering Personal Statement

hey, i read that some people are willing to check personal statements. Anybody want to check mine? It's definately not final as I just wrote it today.
It's for a Electronic Engineering course.

Studying:

AS levels : maths, physics, computing, geography and general studies (awaiting results)

A-Levels : maths, physics, computing and general studies (studying next year)

Universities (not certain) : Cambridge, Sheffield, Warwick, Southampton, Nottingham, Bath

If you would like to check my PS i will PM you the URL so you can read it.

BTW, i read these forums and guides about personal statements and i would just like to say, it helped loads! Thanks to everybody who makes these forums tick.
Reply 1
Where is it?
ill gladly read it and offer advice
email it to me if u wanna
[email protected]
Reply 3
Hi i'm writting one for the EE also :rolleyes: and getting nowhere. Congrats for getting your PS to this stage :smile: . Are you writting yours just for EE or are you leaving it as a general engineering statement to not exlude Camb :frown:
Reply 4
well, i decided to write it for EE in particular, rather than just for Engineering, so that i sound more passionate towards EE rather than just engineering in general. i am only applying to do EE at all the uni's apart from Cambridge. I know EE doesn't apply to Cambridge as you only apply for engineering, but i thought i wouldn't really matter to much + you do get a separate application form for Cambridge so you could say, i am applying to do engineering, but am particularly interested in electronics.

if any one else has advice on this subject feel free to post.
Reply 5
Okies ... you need to emphasise your engineering work experience and your youth work more. Give details. These are really good things but they are drowned out by the rather wordy text about why you want to be an engineer. You don't need to write so much about that since you've already gone out and got work experience to show your commitment which most people haven't.

Handy tip: You want to be an engineer. Be scientific. Give proof not waffle where possible.

Good start :smile:
Reply 6
ok cheers :smile:
Reply 7
Please feel free to email me your personal statement. I would really like to have a look at it and give you my opinions since i am also applying for Electrical Engineering.

My email address is [email protected]

Latest

Trending

Trending