The Student Room Group

What is the worst movie adaptation you've ever seen?

Scroll to see replies

I hear the ratchet and clank film is supposed to be ****

that being said...G saviour, Dragonball evolution, most live action batman films, most superman films, all fantastic 4 films, spiderman 3, amazing spiderman 1 and a few others spring to mind of the films I have seen. also add the 2nd divergent film and any twilight film
Original post by zara_ruby
The Mortal Instruments, was not a big fan of a lot of the cast amongst other things. The netflix tv series Shadowhunters I don't love but is a lot better

i really didn't like the guy who played jace :frown:
Original post by defenestrated

In the movie???, I think Jamie Campbell Bower had the sarcasm and 'empty inside thing' down but looked a bit.....just not how I imagined
Original post by zara_ruby
In the movie???, I think Jamie Campbell Bower had the sarcasm and 'empty inside thing' down but looked a bit.....just not how I imagined

yeah i agree, he had the right attitude but just didn't look like jace
Also Percy Jackson because I loved the books and they could've been so good, but I think they really should've started them out actually as 12, like they did in Harry Potter because it would've been so much more accurate and I think it would've been so cool to see them grow up!
Reply 45
Stormbreaker - the Alex Rider series were one of my favourite and they had a huge opportunity to make this a lucrative franchise (like Harry Potter, Twilight etc.) and they blew it by messing up the original plot and poor casting.
The Mortal Instruments, in terms of books I've read. It could have been so much better. :sad: I haven't read the books, but Beautiful Creatures was awful. :noway:

Spoiler

Original post by defenestrated

I agree. He didn't have that Jace way about him. :yep:

I hate to be that person, but I do think Alex Pettyfer would have suited the role much better (although the guy playing him in the Netflix series is quite good, I think, even if I'm not that fond of the series itself :laugh:).

Original post by quasa
add the 2nd divergent film

When the movie deviates so much from the book you watch the trailer and wonder if you read a different book. :laugh:

What the hell was with the percentages and Divergents? :lolwut:
Original post by acupofgreentea
The Mortal Instruments, in terms of books I've read. It could have been so much better. :sad: I haven't read the books, but Beautiful Creatures was awful. :noway:

I agree. He didn't have that Jace way about him. :yep:

I hate to be that person, but I do think Alex Pettyfer would have suited the role much better (although the guy playing him in the Netflix series is quite good, I think, even if I'm not that fond of the series itself :laugh:).

I've heard that the Beautiful Creatures books are muuuch better than the movies, I haven't read or watched them but I read the comic for the first book and that was pretty good :tongue:

I agree omg!! Alex Pettyfer in Beastly was kinda how Jace should've been
(and he has better hair)
Reply 48
One Flew Over Cuckoo's doesn't even scratch the surface of the book, so little depth in comparison, and I preferred hearing the story from the Chief's perspective
The Harry Potter movies were pretty terrible IMO, but that's probably because I followed the books so religiously.

Also, the old BBC adaption of the Chronicles of Narnia.

I saw an Egyptian Oliver Twist a while back, it was bad.

Edit: everything in the OP I agree with 100%!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 50
I found Inkheart goddamn disappointing. I watched it not long after reading the book which was so much more exciting. It was a long time ago though, I should watch it again to be certain.
The witcher. Henry Cavill played geralt to perfection but on the whole the show had too many black people for 13th century england (not racist, just cultural appropriation) and the special effects were corny and many actors weren't very good. The story was also very confusing, how it just started with a giant battle and people slicing axes through helmets like butter; clearly a low-budget herald. Hopefully season 2 kicks up and gives Sapkowski the attention he deserves

Quick Reply