Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Can i pick one A level and one BTEC in college or do i have to do one BTEC on its own?

    You can do both

    matters on the place , my school makes you do 4 , but they can be a mix of a levels , retaking GCSE or BTEC's
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by regan1234567)
    matters on the place , my school makes you do 4 , but they can be a mix of a levels , retaking GCSE or BTEC's
    thanks so much

    Yes you can do both

    Make sure you understand the size of each of the BTEC qualifications

    Subsidiary Diploma = 1 A level
    Diploma = 2 A levels
    Extended Diploma = 3 A levels

    obviously take a mix that will total the number of A levels you want to take, usually either 3 or 4, so normally people who take the Extended Diploma dont take an extra one unless it is required for their chosen university course e.g. Engineering or IT/Computing and Maths

    the BTEC Diploma is usually taken with with 1 or in some cases 2 A levels or another BTEC Subsidiary Diploma

    and the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma is usually taken with a mix of 2-4 A levels or other BTEC Subsidiary Diplomas

    Hope this helps
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.