Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya people
    I have no idea what to wear to prom
    I have medical issues with my feet which can make certain shoes very painful to wear
    Including heels or any shoe with a thin flat sole such as sandals
    I really don't know what I can do for prom since at the moment on of the only forms of shoe I can comfortably wear for an extended period of time are my doc Martin boots
    Obviously can't wear those to prom
    But do u guys have any ideas what sort if outfit I'd be able to incorporate maybe ankle boots or thick soled pumps without looking like a complete tit or too under dressed???
    Many thanks to any who reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAOIRSEfreedom)
    Hiya people
    I have medical issues with my feet which can make certain shoes very painful to wear
    I really don't know what I can do for prom since at the moment on of the only forms of shoe I can comfortably wear for an extended period of time are my doc Martin boots
    But do u guys have any ideas what sort if outfit I'd be able to incorporate maybe ankle boots or thick soled pumps without looking like a complete tit or too under dressed???
    You could wear a longer dress to cover your boots.
    I'm sure you'll look good whatever you wear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAOIRSEfreedom)
    Hiya people
    Doc Martin boots could potentially look really cool with a really feminine dress! Try googling for some inspo but I think it'd look great! Also, not sure if they'd be too uncomfortable for you, but flatforms have a thick sole and add some height?

ReputationRep:
    wear a maxi dress then you can wear whatever shoes you want

ReputationRep:
    yeah as previously said you could wear a longer dresses as they usually hide the shoes worn underneath anyways.

or, you could give your shoes a bit of a makeover. You could put nice ribbons through the lace holes and polish them up so they are all shiny and new.

Hope this helps !

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.