Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Having feelings for someone online(TSR) Watch

So basically, i have been chatting to some guy on here since i joined this site and we stopped talking when i decided to reveal that i was a female. He did not know before until i put it on my avatar as it was hidden before.

Anyway, he looked at my avatar and saw the female sign on it and Private messaged me, questioning if i was female which i responded to as a yes.

Now, we just stopped talking for months(it was general chat so nothing i should not be doing) and even though its online, so we have not seen each other face to face, i do feel kind of awkward and bad for not revealing(i decided to hide it from my profile) that i was a female straight away when talking to him.

I know its kind of weird for me to be attached to someone i have not seen, i must be fantasising or something, i don't think this is normal.

I guess females are more emotional than males?

Now what?

ReputationRep:
    im being serious so dont take it as a troll reply; but it could be because he is gay or because he thinks youre a desperate attention seeker

ReputationRep:
    Just move on maybe? Listen to music, watch videos, distract yourself?!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'm confused - why would you being female be an issue for him, unless he doesn't swing that way?

If it doesn't work out there is always real life. :moon:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    So you really like him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I guess females are more emotional than males?
    Or thirsty.

ReputationRep:
    I was talking to a guy on here and we suddenly just stopped talking, I don't think it was anything wrong, it's just online chat lol

ReputationRep:
    Now what?
    But seriously, maybe he has a gf and feels some sort of weird guilt for this apparent casual chit-chat or maybe he is gay or has feelings for you too but is playing hard to get or just generally not interested or really busy atm with exam period approaching and all... Possibilities could be endless but if he isn't replying to your PMs despite being online, don't think into it and just cut the contact.

ReputationRep:
    Im over here OP

jk, have you tried messaging him?

(Original post by animeamanda1412)
    im being serious so dont take it as a troll reply; but it could be because he is gay or because he thinks youre a desperate attention seeker
    For that matter, he is gay.

ReputationRep:
    For that matter, he is gay.
    well that was the first thing that came to my head when reading your post xD

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.