Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How much does H&M pay 16/17 year olds? Looked all over the internet but cant seem to find a direct answer.

Thank you!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by MurrayD)
    How much does H&M pay 16/17 year olds? Looked all over the internet but cant seem to find a direct answer.

Thank you!
    Minimum wage i believe they said when i applied for a job there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Minimum wage i believe they said when i applied for a job there.
    When & where did you apply?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    When & where did you apply?
    A couple of months back and in northern england, to be honest almost all retail jobs are going to be minimum wage so i wouldnt get your hopes up:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    A couple of months back and in northern england, to be honest almost all retail jobs are going to be minimum wage so i wouldnt get your hopes up:P
    Aha yeah I just wanted some confirmation but Ill ask them Tuesday, I've seen some claiming from £6.30 all the way down to minimum wage so can't really call it..

ReputationRep:

Thank you!
    There is a three month training period during which youll earn £5.53 an hour. After this, it goes up to £6.11 x

ReputationRep:
    That is terrible pay tesco's pay starts at £7.69

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

A supermarket will always tend to pay more but it's a different kind of job. In retail, particularly fashion retail, the pay is lower however H&M do pay pretty well compared to other retail stores such as Debehams and Jack Wills. Jack Wills only pay £4something an hour!
    If you're more concerned about money then yes, go for somewhere like tesco or sainsburys, but if you're set on retail then H&M is a good option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyndsey4286)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

A supermarket will always tend to pay more but it's a different kind of job. In retail, particularly fashion retail, the pay is lower however H&M do pay pretty well compared to other retail stores such as Debehams and Jack Wills. Jack Wills only pay £4something an hour!
    If you're more concerned about money then yes, go for somewhere like tesco or sainsburys, but if you're set on retail then H&M is a good option.
    Hey, since this post I've been working there a month and absoutley loved it. Just got employee of the month and going to Manchester on Thursday to compete for Employee of the year (all paid trip to New York + £500 spends) The pay is £6.11 straight away. I've just turned 17 and this is great pay for me. Not to mention 25% off everything all year round + on sale items, + an online discount card with 25% off and free delivery on everything! Sometimes we have months where we get 50% off At 18 the pay goes up to £6.85-£7.20Previously I worked at M&S for £7.40 and quit due to the job being dismal and extremely dull.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, do you still work at H&M I start tomorrow and nervous about the pay, I'm worried that its going to be minimum wage like £4, which I don't mind but prefer something better? any help would be appreciated,, thanks xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.