Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have an app which I keep track of my periods on, and they've always been really regular until recently, as I haven't had one for 80 days.
    Should I be worried?
    (I'm definitely not pregnant.)

ReputationRep:
    Have you started any new medication? Or has your weight been changing recently? Have you been under a lot of stress worrying?? Because this can also make your periods irregular and you may be worrying without really thinking about it. Also, you might want to check with family members to see if they have any history of thyroid problems?

Honestly, if it's been that long and you can't think of any obvious reason for it then I would recommend booking a doctors appointment. I doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong but it's always good to know
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have an app which I keep track of my periods on, and they've always been really regular until recently, as I haven't had one for 80 days.
    Should I be worried?
    (I'm definitely not pregnant.)
    It is actually okay for periods not to follow the usual monthly cycle and it's something like 5 months before its a big concern (or so i've been told). Since you usually have a regular cycle it suggests something (stress maybe?) is causing the delay. I'd personally wait until if it gets to the 2 month mark and go see a doctor just to check, but I wouldn't be worried unless you have noticed any other concerning symptoms too. I would personally think something is just delaying it and you will get it in a few days.

You could check on the NHS website or websites about periods (they do exist) for more info. It might help you feel better if you can think of why there might be a delay. Stress can be a common one, but things like meds, hormone changes and loads more (you can google it cos i don't know all of them) can cause changes to your cycle too.

Just re-read and realised it's been 2 months (sorry i'm tired). I'd say got to the doctors now just to be safe. But honestly periods are confusing things that like to change and scare you. I'm sure you'll find out it's nothing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 28, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.