Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which university is better? City University London or University of Reading? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted into both masters programs:
    MSc Business Systems Analysis and Design - City University LondonMSc Information Management (Systems Analysis and Design) - University of ReadingWhich program is better?

ReputationRep:
    Please define 'better'.

ReputationRep:
    Better in systems analysis and design masters? Career prospects?

ReputationRep:
    The first point you can work out from course descriptions/syllabus.
    The second is up to you - because you wont get offered a job just because you went to X Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, could you give me an advice/help?
    I am an international student, coming to UK for a masters in Project Management (Construction).Which University is better? Reading University, Brookes or UCL? Apart to UCL that I am still waiting for a response, the other 2 gave me an offer.
    Each ranking says different things, I want to have a personal opinion from you.Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I see.. most of the people that I talked with, from the construction industry, said that regarding the construction area Reading is the top 5 in the country, and all the ranking reflect the same.
    UCL is as good as Reading in the construction faculty, however, UCL has a high status overall. This was the idea I had.
    Anyway, tks.

(Original post by stevey396)
    UCL obviously. Brookes is tripe and Reading isn't that much better.

If you don't get an offer from UCL then I'd consider forgoing the Masters and just going straight into work, unless you specifically need a Masters for your intended field of work, in which case I guess Reading is the lesser of two evils.

ReputationRep:
    If people are saying Reading then by all means go for Reading, but keep in mind if you ever want to branch out into higher end jobs then UCL is far, far superior, and a Reading graduate would quite probably be looked over.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.