The Student Room Group

GCSE CCEA English Language and Literature

Hey, looking for anyone who does English language or Literature with CCEA at GCSE level! Would you happen to have any past papers for either subject as the CCEA website is extremely limited? Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T0ucan
Hey, looking for anyone who does English language or Literature with CCEA at GCSE level! Would you happen to have any past papers for either subject as the CCEA website is extremely limited? Thanks!

Hiya! I moved this into the English Exams forum for you :h: you're more likely to get a response in here!
Hi. I do CCEA English language and I can't find any recent papers on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by chemistrynerd13
Hi. I do CCEA English language and I can't find any recent papers on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, me either! You can work out from the mark schemes what the tasks were, but I can't manage to find the passages/multi modal material. I've heard the textbook has some past paper questions but I'm not sure if it's worth buying.
I have the textbook and it gives one multimodal task for higher and one for foundation. It gives a good explanation of how to do stuff but if you just want questions, ere are only a few. Are you sitting paper 1 on 1st June?
Reply 5
Original post by chemistrynerd13
I have the textbook and it gives one multimodal task for higher and one for foundation. It gives a good explanation of how to do stuff but if you just want questions, ere are only a few. Are you sitting paper 1 on 1st June?

I worked as a teaching assistant a few years back and have the past paper questions alongside possibly questions created using the ccea guidance, if you'd like a copy?

What texts are you study for literature?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=alreidx;64578115]I worked as a teaching assistant a few years back and have the past paper questions alongside possibly questions created using the ccea guidance, if you'd like a copy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't do English literature but would you have electronic copies of the Language Papers
Reply 7
Original post by alreidx
I worked as a teaching assistant a few years back and have the past paper questions alongside possibly questions created using the ccea guidance, if you'd like a copy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be so incredibly helpful! If you could send me them it would be greatly appreciated! I'm studying To Kill a Mockingbird and Juno and The Paycock for Literature however I have got past papers for them, I just don't have any for language. Thanks again!
Would you be able to post links to the papers?
Reply 9
Original post by alreidx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mice and men and blood brothers
Any predictions for mice and men or blood brothers or poetry
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by jcumiskey99
Do you have any predictions for English Literature (Of Mice and Men, Blood Brothers and Poetry)?
Greatly appreciated

What anthology are you doing?
Original post by T0ucan
What anthology are you doing?

Nature and war
Reply 13
Original post by jcumiskey99
Nature and war

Aw, I'm doing Heaney and Hardy. What I found was good is that if you look at the mark schemes from all of the past papers you can find a stock answer for pretty much every poem and just tweak it to suit the question.
Anyone doing Animal Farm on Monday- or Juno and the Paycock on Friday??

My teacher said her guts tells her that one of the Juno questions (extract or essay) will be on the politics instead of a character seeing as it's the year of the Easter Rising anniversary and CCEA are traditional like that :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Tsunaomi
Anyone doing Animal Farm on Monday- or Juno and the Paycock on Friday??

My teacher said her guts tells her that one of the Juno questions (extract or essay) will be on the politics instead of a character seeing as it's the year of the Easter Rising anniversary and CCEA are traditional like that :smile:

I'm doing Juno on Friday but To Kill a Mockingbird on Monday. Politics would be a difficult one, I'm hoping for a question covering the whole Boyle family.
Original post by T0ucan
I'm doing Juno on Friday but To Kill a Mockingbird on Monday. Politics would be a difficult one, I'm hoping for a question covering the whole Boyle family.

That would be the dream question haha :smile:
Reply 17
Just finished my To Kill a Mockingbird paper, question a was very tricky imo. Anyone else do it?
Original post by T0ucan
Just finished my To Kill a Mockingbird paper, question a was very tricky imo. Anyone else do it?

What question did you answer? I did the one on prejudice with the extract, I thought it was better bc you could write about different things as I didn't know many Atticus quotes
Reply 19
Original post by chloecam29
What question did you answer? I did the one on prejudice with the extract, I thought it was better bc you could write about different things as I didn't know many Atticus quotes

I did a because I've never done an extract question before and I felt I could make some pretty good arguments. How much did you write?

Quick Reply