Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a rough idea of what the higher tier maths edexcel grade boundaries will be. I know they are not released, but does anyone have a good reason and explanation why they will be the 2016 edexcel maths grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Based on the boundaries from previous years)

A* - 80%
    A - 60-65%
    B - 47%

Hope this helps a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johny12345)
    Does anyone have a rough idea of what the higher tier maths edexcel grade boundaries will be. I know they are not released, but does anyone have a good reason and explanation why they will be the 2016 edexcel maths grade boundaries.
    They are not released because they don't exist yet.
    After all of this years papers are marked, the examiners will analyse all of the marking data and decide what they should be.
    They will vary depending on how hard the exams turn out to be.
    The guesses above are as good as any.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    hiya! Moved this into the Maths Exams forum for you

(Original post by Johny12345)

ReputationRep:
    It should be lower as a lot of students throughout the country struggled with last years paper and my maths teacher told our class that the boundaries vary on how well the country did the previous year so hopefully we should have lower grade boundaries this year!

I think they'll be similar to June 2014's boundaries, last year they were a bit weird bc some of the questions confused students, but they will have learnt from their mistakes and go back to what worked.
    Spoiler:
    Show

June 2014 Edexcel Mathematics A Higher boundaries
    A* A B C D U
    200 164 133 95 57 28 13 0

However, saying this the boundaries may be even higher. MAYBE. It's the second last year of the spec I think, so maybe everyone will do well and the boundaries will be even higher. It's all been rinsed if you get me, the spec's been rinsed. AIM HIGH FAM
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper

2015 was 155/125/95/65

I'd be surprised if 2016 is lower than 2015 but really none of us have any idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notnek)

2015 was 155/125/95/65

I'd be surprised if 2016 is lower than 2015 but really none of us have any idea.
    My teacher told me today an for an A it is 130/200
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by kateweddepohl)
    My teacher told me today an for an A it is 130/200
    It depends on the year. Last year was 125 because they were hard papers. And 2013 was 139 because it was much easier.

None of us know what it will be this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corrierobzo1)
    It should be lower as a lot of students throughout the country struggled with last years paper and my maths teacher told our class that the boundaries vary on how well the country did the previous year so hopefully we should have lower grade boundaries this year!
    That's not how it works. The boundaries are set based on the performance of candidates in that year's paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notnek)

2015 was 155/125/95/65

I have just seem this years and you need 153 for an A!!! (78/75) i dont understand why it is so high compared to ALL OTHER YEARS
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by algebraqueen)
    I have just seem this years and you need 153 for an A!!! (78/75) i dont understand why it is so high compared to ALL OTHER YEARS
    The table I posted was for Edexcel. This year it's 140 for an A.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.