joty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hopefully there are gaps in the reserve list by now. At least you have your foot in the door now whilst waiting for an o or ho job. I should have went for AO job kicking myself now.
(Original post by rebecca_:))
I replied saying yes to Liverpool but no to the other locations ... Didn't really know what to write on the email so just said I would take any officer grade that became available regardless of the one I applied for ha! Not sure if that would work but needed something to fill out the email
rebecca_:)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by joty)
Hopefully there are gaps in the reserve list by now. At least you have your foot in the door now whilst waiting for an o or ho job. I should have went for AO job kicking myself now.
True. Although I won't fully be at ease until my pre- employment checks come back and I get a formal offer. Which could be an age ^.^
nicola45
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have just been offered a job off the reserve list,just over a fortnight of waiting! Very happy. Anyone heard on the pre employment checks just sent mine off.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ooh! Congrats. You where Cardiff right!

I've just had an email to say mine have been completed. Just waiting on a start date
nicola45
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
That didn't take too long then, hope you don't wait too long!
dagoro1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I replied saying yes to Liverpool but no to the other locations ... Didn't really know what to write on the email so just said I would take any officer grade that became available regardless of the one I applied for ha! Not sure if that would work but needed something to fill out the email
I replied yes to Liverpool but no to other locations. I'm not hopeful though. There's been people in other locations on the reserve list (from the last campaign) who've been offered HO and O roles. Someone from Liverpool has been offered a HO role with lower scores from this campaign and presumably, other people from this campaign will be joining the reserve list too. At the risk of sounding like a sore loser, I just don't feel the luck is with me for this job haha.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dagoro1)
I replied yes to Liverpool but no to other locations. I'm not hopeful though. There's been people in other locations on the reserve list (from the last campaign) who've been offered HO and O roles. Someone from Liverpool has been offered a HO role with lower scores from this campaign and presumably, other people from this campaign will be joining the reserve list too. At the risk of sounding like a sore loser, I just don't feel the luck is with me for this job haha.
Yeah I clocked onto it that someone got lower scores too from the new campaign. Surely you must be close to an offer now
sineadmm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I clocked onto it that someone got lower scores too from the new campaign. Surely you must be close to an offer now
I also clocked this is in Belfast, people with lower scores getting HO posts. So infuriating!
Minimedal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone on the Tax Professional HO reserve list for Glasgow?
Pa16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have a provisional offer for recent HO tax professional/caseworker for glasgow interviewed on 30th march
Minimedal
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I notice job advertised again. Can you re apply if on the reserve list? Anyone had a successful move from reserve list to offer in Glasgow? Thanks
David2015
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has anybody who got the email on 12.05.16 about other locations and if still interested heard anything since?
dagoro1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by David2015)
Has anybody who got the email on 12.05.16 about other locations and if still interested heard anything since?
No nothing. The email said we'll hear by the end of the month, i.e May and now we're in June.
David2015
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No nothing. The email said we'll hear by the end of the month, i.e May and now we're in June.
Got an email today offering Glasgow. Very pleased. Was expecting another location as said I was willing to work Leeds and Bristol as there were no vacancies in Glasgow.
Minimedal
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am on the reserve list for Glasgow but had no word yet. Only the email offering other locations last month.
dagoro1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Got an email today offering Glasgow. Very pleased. Was expecting another location as said I was willing to work Leeds and Bristol as there were no vacancies in Glasgow.
Well done. ☺
David2015
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well done. ☺
Thanks. Wasn't expecting my local office at all after them asking about other locations. Now just for the pre-employment checks.
jas87
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Congratulations. just wondering what was your score in your interview
David2015
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jas87)
Congratulations. just wondering what was your score in your interview
Thanks.

84% online

EO post I have been offered. Had the interview last December then they emailed last month about other locations and saying Glasgow had no vacancies.
Sebastian_Morris
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi

New to this just wanted advise please help as I don't know what this exactly means

I'm writing to confirm that you have successfully reached the required standard in regards to your application, but unfortunately we are unable to offer you a job immediately.
As a result of this you will now be placed on the reserve list and considered for any future appointments within your location choices. Please note the reserve list will expire on Friday 2nd May 2017, and there will be no guarantee that you will receive a job offer within this period of time.

I applied for AO and got 14 marks in total

Acceptable Demonstration

does this mean I haven't got the job

Regards
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.8%
Pop (211)
24.74%
Jazz (33)
3.87%
Classical (46)
5.39%
Hip-Hop (166)
19.46%
Electronic (58)
6.8%
Indie (136)
15.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise